Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An open question to everyone about N. Korea

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

The fat kid with the bad haircut got surprise by the china response. He now has to recalculate what he is going to do since China said it would sit on the sidelines if he fires first.

Iran is a problem because they are religious fanatics hellbent on bringing back the Caliphate and uniting the world under Islam.

Venezuela is another, what the hell do we do issue. The country went from the richest in South America, to a hell hole for almost all of its population. The population now has what rights the current dictator decides he wishes to grant at the moment.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Looks like the Fat kid from North Korea folded his cards and left the poker table. His bluff just didn't hold up for the cards he was holding. Now Pres. Trump has to move on and determine how to deal with Iran, and what to do about the mess in Venezuela.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Korea is a wild lone gun. The gun was given to them by a powerful entity. The ammo is given by another powerful entity. And the purpose is I believe to keep NKorea a borderland to China. This way none of China's enemies can get to close.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Bacon saver

OK, long time lotsa happenin. I'll never rule out NK they're still a threat. Iran, still owns over half the real estate in the Persian Gulf. They have the Straits of Hormuz covered with what ever latest missile batteries they've acquired since my last transit. They have many other assorted SAM/SS sites speckled along the coast and enough small boat "navy" to make them selves a nuisance. It wouldn't take much for them to choke the straits and isis is getting more ground in Egypt Suez Canal is my concern there. Hey, China owns the Panama Canal, who also is still building a fortifying little islands in the south china sea. So you see lads and lasses, these are the day to day struggles of a Pirate...........how can I maintain free passage to all the seas I wish to sail? "Sink'em outside the canal, we'll use'em as a jetty! ARRGGGHH!"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

NK: Not only did China tell Bad Haircut that if he fired first, they would NOT back his play, but they have slapped an embargo on NK coal, iron, and lead.That's about a fifth of NK's GDP. So not only did he fold, he lost some of his side pot, to extend the metaphor.

Iran...Not enough data... but their constant claim of peaceful nuclear energy use is way well worn out. If they have a nuke they damn sure are gonna keep it secret, 'cause Israel will not tolerate them having it. I am surprised to this day that they haven't taken the Iran facilities to the Opera.

Venezuela...Keep their plague from migrating out from there, and let it burn itself out. Sounds cold, but what else is there to do? Cuba won't touch em, China won't touch em, and last I heard the border countries have closed their frontiers.

Chief, "excitement" is all very well... if I could get ninety days of 'boredom' upcoming, I'd be one each happy camper.

Bacon saver

I just do not like who gains control of these choke points, they have to remain open, any one of these will cause a mass cluster fuck.

Here's a thought, about 1941 some little island decided it was going to poke a bear in the eye. Because the bear took away all it's little imports. They caused a world war............ it was just an island.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.