Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We here might be next...

Bacon saver

Yeah, that's what it heard and it worked great. I'm not being negative to the idea. I'm just set in my ways. I learned in my Navy days that electronics didn't always save your life, it usually broke. We found the your head was the best tool.......and I ain't talking the bathroom either.

I do like my radios, I have a few of those and they seem to work purdy damn good. If any of you have HF now would be a good time to monitor the bands, who knows you might end up helping someone from hundreds of miles away.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Just a different mode of communication really... I think. Just trying to have multiple methods to communicate. Voice is one method and data/text could be another. Always understood to text if in a SHTF situation it has a better chance of getting through the mess...
    In a disaster Texting will stand a much higher chance of getting thru than voice comms will over telephones. I helped in a tornado and a train derailment. Both times phones were useless, but texts made it for the most part, not entirely however. 9/11 same thing happened in both NYC and DC. But end of the day the ONLY reliable coms were ham radio in both locations.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I've got a nice, fairly new smart phone my son insisted on me having. It will text, do gps, internet, it even allows me to speak into it and hear someone on the other end...what a miracle of modern technology. But it's useless, as I usually forget to take it with me and it just sits on the dresser in the bedroom.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    But it's useless, as I usually forget to take it with me and it just sits on the dresser in the bedroom.
    Yup, that's what "she" said...............the future Mrs. DG.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.