Thread: We here might be next...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bacon saver

Well, If I had a fancy phone I guess, maybe, but I just can't break away from my communicator that I got from on the starship Enterprise. The old flip phone and I get along just fine for our purposes. Call, leave message, call back, use your voice, TALK TO PEOPLE, if you don't leave a message then I guess it wasn't that damn important now was it? We don't text, we don't need all the nu-necessary BS on our phones, KISS. Besides, it's too entertaining watching people screw up their lives with their faces glued to the screen running into things................until they kill someone with a 4300lb vehicle.

When someone calls me when and I'm driving I reach in my pocket and hand it to the wife. If she's not with me...... I might pull it out and look at it to see who it is. If it's important, I'll either pull over or make it real fast and say "I'll call ya back" But I talk, I don't text! I'm about ready for a "Jitterbug"............
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Just a different mode of communication really... I think. Just trying to have multiple methods to communicate. Voice is one method and data/text could be another. Always understood to text if in a SHTF situation it has a better chance of getting through the mess...
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Just a different mode of communication really... I think. Just trying to have multiple methods to communicate. Voice is one method and data/text could be another. Always understood to text if in a SHTF situation it has a better chance of getting through the mess...
    In a disaster Texting will stand a much higher chance of getting thru than voice comms will over telephones. I helped in a tornado and a train derailment. Both times phones were useless, but texts made it for the most part, not entirely however. 9/11 same thing happened in both NYC and DC. But end of the day the ONLY reliable coms were ham radio in both locations.