Thread: USS Indianapolis CA-35 Has been found

Bacon saver

USS Indianapolis CA-35 Has been found

I'm sure everyone remembers the Indianapolis, the second most loss of life naval disaster. One the USS Arizona (1,177), two the USS Indianapolis (880) and three the SS Leopoldville (763 Soldiers).

316 survived the waters of about the 800 that survived the sinking. We have closure now, almost.

RIP Brothers...........

http://maritime-executive.com/articl...apolis-located
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Heard that news last night. It brings closure for a lot of families. The video they plan to release will also help. As the SeniorChief said, "RIP Brothers "
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

There's really not much to say about this, "in my opinion" she tells her own story. As a Navy man, it's one of three I know all to well and I told to every one of my sailors. Scared the shit out recruits in boot camp BUT, it made them finally understand why they joined. Granted, it didn't always stick to 100%, but if you know "how" to tell a sea story with emotion Laddies and Lasses. You'll tear their hearts out and bring out and animal. Pretty cool to watch actually.......

The USS Indianapolis and her crew are among the bravest of all. If you ever read the story, you're in for a deployment that leave you scared shitless.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

I've reada few books That mentioned the USS Indianapolis, the crew members that were in the water faced some harrowing situations. Shark attacks, men just giving up and slipping away, dehydration and starvation, exposure the list goes on from there. The fact that the ship went down so fast didn't help either, as search and rescue efforts were severely impacted. The ocean is a big place, and without a location to start with, it is almost impossible to find survivors.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.