Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S.S. John S McCain

I'll most likely shit myself

That's got to be a pretty big deal isn't it?

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Yes, it is a pretty big deal. If memory serves me right, the last time this happened was when Admiral Kimmel was relieved after the Pearl Harbor attack. It is obvious the US Navy is taking this very seriously.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

So an O-10 gets to retire a month early....

None of the investigation will be his problem, and the new commander has to fix the problem.

The US Navy's Admirals Club..WAY better than the one American Airlines has.
    Last edited by Fidel MD; 08-23-2017 at 08:03 PM.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Indirectly it will be, as he holds responsibility for all the ships under his command. We haven't heard the results of any of the investigations as to what happened in each incident. In all but one case, there were other vessels involved, and we don't know what they did, or didn't do. In the case of the USS Fitzgerald, there had to of been command issues for the Navy to have relieved the CO, XO and CMC and in addition punish other sailors. I was on a ship that had a CO relieved for cause, and it is no picnic. I can say that the Navy will take a long hard look at these incidents, and not in isolation, make recommendations and then implement changes. I foresee a lot of training as operations and time permits for the ships and crews in the 7th Fleet.

As for Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin, his future will not be as bright as it once was since he was overall incharge and responsible for these ships and their crews.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.