Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Irma

Walking on Sunshine

Uncle and Cousin Fr T stayed, Said it took out a couple of trees but nothing too bad and they are well stocked to last for awhile Cousin in Bahamas said nothing too bad but he's worried about his boys. They are in Tampa near the university Other Cousin hunkered down as well and is safe.
    Son 1 and DIL are hunkering down where they are So far haven't heard if anything from them yet I am worried about them as well. Will try to contact DIL Monday

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

All is well here. We got hit pretty Good. I've been at work for almost 6 straight days, with a few broken breaks to sleep. My home is safe but without power for an estimated 1-3 weeks. I can live with that. Hope everyone else faired as good or better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Bacon saver

Thanks for checkin in Brother I know you guys are busy in the EMT/rescue world. Have been in contact with High school buddy, (surf punk) he's still got power in E Orlando. No civil problems as of yet, he and the neighbors are busy cleaning up. He actually did great compared to others. The other part of our family is without power there but they are hangin in there. I'm sittin here on the launch pad ready to go for force protection and supplies when anyone says "help" but I'm not moving until they say they need it. Other friends south of Sarasota did great, they live on the water and it never came over the sea wall. Minor damage to the screen covering the pool but that's about it. So far so good, but there are others who didn't fair so well.

Let's keep it together America.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

may be in trouble

Twitchy, I have to think that given where you are at, even Septembers without SOME form of cooling are an A number 1 bahstid to deal with. Running a genny with sound deadening and channeled exhaust is a real good idea, esp. if POS looters are around. Was me, I would stick to enough fans to make things bearable, the fridge for the perishables, and bare minimum on lights after dark.

Oh, and pull out the rock salt rounds in the shotguns, and replace with slugs, them creatures will be playing for keeps.

Chief, the other deal didn't quite go as planned... If $ are needed for you to deploy, I got a little, just say the word. I can have it into PP or zip it to u via Zelle. And facrissake don't forget your roll of quarters.

Bacon saver

Money's not an issue, thanks brother. I already have a mental checklist of what I will take. I'll take LadyHK's K5 Blazer, it's tuned and topped off, not the greatest gas mileage but it has the power, clearance and it 4x4. One 4'x8' trailer loaded with gas, water, MRE's, chain saw. AR, shotgun, pistol, assorted ammo, some sharp utensils, radios, HF, UHF, VHF. Solar, Battery, Gene. etc. Spare truck & trailer tires of course. One bad attitude, Check! I don't stop for anyone unless they are in a uniform and with the proper vehicle.

Card carrying member of the KCFC (Katrina Cluster Fuck Club).............and a Roll-a-quarters.

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    Twitchy, we have power so if you need some freezer space LMK.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good to hear fro you both Twitchy and One Step. Thanks for checking in. Hope you are both doing well and came thru the storm ok

Need the worlds hottest pepper seeds? See him...
    We did BC thanks.

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
    Twitchy, we have power so if you need some freezer space LMK.
    Thanks for checking in brother, I know we have more down there we'd all like to hear from in both states. Yet the site has been pretty silent "lately". I'm still on the launch pad for those in need, don't be a tough guy or gal if you need assistance please don't hesitate. That's what we are here for. Hey, I got "permission"!