Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
Sounds like a plan Senior Chief. I always kept a hammock for sleeping in "heavy weather". it was better then trying to strap yourself into a rack. During the typhoon, we had a whole 62 watch standers for almost 3 days. Passageways were awash with regurgitated food. Those without their "sea legs", cleaned up their own mess when things quieted down.
Nothing like walking on the bulkheads when you had to. Never spilled a drop of coffee either. Kind of miss that sometimes. Sure it was a bit dangerous, but you learned to live with it, and carry on. #5 to 40 degrees rolls became a challenge to time, along with diving into and rising out of a trough. Going up and down ladders , if you timed it right were a one step process.
You know what really pissed me off? taking a shower in those heavy seas.... I hated bouncing my naked ass off of that nasty ass rain locker. Sometimes shower shoes don't have the grip and you get folded up on your ass.... you get the picture. The navy shower is about 2.5 foot square. Sometimes they're not the cleanest in these conditions especially when the plumbing is gurgling up from the drain, it ain't purdy. Fun times! You bring back fond memories brother! Like doing the kapok jump in the Bosn's locker! Or the guy that slips in the vomit in the p-way and does the electric slide, it's all over, can't regain footing, ship keeps rockin and rolling and you keep getting covered in vomit.