Thread: 16 Years today

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

16 Years today

Today it has been 16 years since the Twin Towers, and Pentagon were attacked. Please remember those who died that day, and all the service members who have given their lives fighting those who would harm us.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

It will be a somber day with all the rain coming right now, only befitting. To be honest, my nerves are pretty shot with everything that's been going on the last few weeks. F&F cell towers and power down right now so I'd like to know how they are doing. The house is quiet and my front is right out the window right now, I am prepped (trailer loaded with 4 wheelers) to go look at the most possible piece of property we have found in a long time and I just had to cancel. Thought we were going to be beat this thing.

I remember coming down from my office at the Mine Warfare Training Center walking through the student lounge when the kids said, "Hey Chief! A plane just crashed into one of the towers in New York!" I just stood there staring at the TV and saw the second one hit. Rage was my only feeling, I knew it was an attack. You just don't .......well you get the picture. I was in the Skipper's office in about two seconds where he and the XO were glued to the tube. "Sir, I want orders out here. Where they came from, who ever they are I want their fuckin asses!" Well I got the "pipe down".......it was a few years before I got my chance. But it wasn't after them, it was "the other bad guys" so now 16yrs later. We're still in Afghanistan and Iraq.........all the ground WE took in 03 and 04 they took back......Thanks to that prick who was in OUR White House. We had to take it all back all over again for them. This hurt alot of us warriors mentally, there was, skip it ..... We've lost a lot of great Americans on this day and every day after.

RIP and never forget the innocent, those we lost in the fight and those that have gone before them. There will be more........sometimes that's part of the job. That's what we do, that's what we all did. I think I've said enough.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.