Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep... oh how i miss you.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

Sleep... oh how i miss you.

I have scheduled myself 3 hours of sleep coming this next march... Assuming, of course nothing gets in the way of this. This is what happens when you open up a restaurant!!!!!!!!!

O yeah, figured I would stop in and check in. =)

Is going well, the restaurant has been paying its own bills since the first week we opened the doors!!! Guesse you could say its a success. And its just getting better and better. Just did our best week yet last week. Expanded our days to 5 days a week opened. Had a long time friend of mine move from NC up here to ND to help me out, which has been great. This has allowed me to go from 110 hr work weeks down t 105 hr work weeks. YAY!!! Making him start to take Mondays off now.

We still don't advertise except the deal we struck in a VERY small local newspaper in a small town 20 miles away. They did an article on on us that ended up on there front page, full color. The owner of the paper eats here EVERY week and loves our food. So we trade food for a nice little spot in his paper. Also as a result of his article we got noticed by the herald up in grand forks and they interviewed us too. Of course I was like "Whatever". Come to find out they put THAT article in EVERY newspaper in there system and the video online spanning from Bemidji, MN to Dickinson, ND. SO that was pretty cool. I am still not sure how many papers it was total. /shrug.

So hoping to sleep someday soon. In the meantime I just keep smoking meats and cooking great foods!!

For the Love of Cats

Next time I head down South, I'll definitely be looking you up for dinner!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

Wish I lived closer. I'd love to come by and take a taste

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Can I place a to go order to Tennessee? I have a couple of beef briskets, and 10 sandwiches. How soon can you have them delivered?
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    We don't deliver. =p But yeah, we take pick up orders. You can even pay over the phone. <3 my Square.

Our menu.. she grows. I learned how to make sausage and folks go crazy over them. Aparantly I has the knack for it. We also do some amazing desseserts. Hmm lemme break it down for ya so that you sit there in a puddle of saliva as you drool... SO y co-chef spent 12 years perfecting his cheesecake recipe, and I will put his cheesecakes against ANY in the world. So he goes and makes several different cheesecake flavors like Turtle (with chcocolate, caramel and candied nuts that he candies himself), cherry, reeses, raspberry, applejack, the list goes on.. I do chocolate whiskey pecan pie and key lime pie. He also does carrot cake. Chocolate cake and various brownie desserts are yet to come. Stay tuned.

On the savory side we do a lot also like chicken curry, brisket philly cheesesteak and so much more. we even cut our own fries.

BECAUSE PREFAB FOODS SUCK!!!!

=)

I'll most likely shit myself

Are you absolutely sure you wouldn't ship a cheesecake or 3?

For the Love of Cats

Sounds like the philly cheese steak alone is worth the drive...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

We sell a lot of cheesesteaks!!

Not sure how well the cheesesteaks would fare enroute. Would prolly have to ship em overnight or something. And the packaging. Hmmm lemme think on it.

Bacon saver

LadyHK and I were up in Bottineau not to long ago for a family reunion............this would have been worth the drive just to go have breakfast lunch and dinner! Oh how I love your menu! CONGRATS! On the business Brother!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.