Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY Bull Dozier

Bacon saver

MY Bull Dozier

I know I stalled my thread on the Dozier months back, but I have to give you and update. I did get her up and running, made adjustments to the steering brakes, re-did all the wiring and installed several new gauges and a new alternator. BUT there were some things that this guy just couldn't do. I don't have big ass tools for big ass jobs like that BOLT for the bell housing (it's the center point that holds up the whole motor and transmission on this thing)that I could not get back in without removing VERY LARGE PARTS! So I can't/couldn't wait any longer and had to call in the Big Guns. They picked it up a couple of weeks ago and got started on it Tuesday, then I had them give it once over. They said "I" did a great job on everything "I" did, and it's solid, works great, puurrrrs like a Kitten, Yipee! Sooooo, I had them do some other things, new hydraulic lines, total grease job, tracks and rollers, etc. Made some new friends who did some extras as well and taught me some finer points/tricks of this machine. I was asked, "Do you want to sell it?" NO! They said it was in damn good shape for her age and I was going to get a lot time out of it. "You sure you don't want to sell it?" Nooooo, So I am very happy with this report.

The great news is she is coming home TODAY! I'll tel ya about the bill later..................

Thought you'd like to hear this Eagle......
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

That is great news. Well other than the bill.

Walking on Sunshine

Ditto Congrats!!

CC Gray Panther
    HELL YEA Chief !!! I've been wondering what she was going through. But then I knew your plate was full and multi- tasking like a true Boatswain in charge. Glad that bad rama jama is up and running. You did right fine having them update her so she can power through the task you'll put her through.

Now come the land trials of putting that dozer to task. Ask her (HOW FAR) and if she answers (ALL THE WAY) you'll be golden. Yep fondle her ; ride her hard ; clean her up and put her to bed.
    That's all ; Carry on

Bacon saver

Drum roll..........$1265 but they only charged me 8hrs labor at $80 an hour. I saw three guys working on it over the course of four days, the owner making new hydro lines, the one guy doing the mechanics, the other replacing the lines and fluids. Hmmmm? So I figure I came out pretty good. $4 a mile at 38 miles round trip for pick and deliver, the rest is in parts. I haven't had a chance to put her through the paces yet, just rolled her off the trailer and parked it out back. Had to finish up the lawn, shave the head and face, wash & haul ass to Al to the cave and see DG get married in the cave. Now that was precious, we all had a great time. I did not take pictures mine (camera) is down but I'm sure he will be posting them soon. Turns out she's moving into the dome and selling the bakery.............I might end up putting on some weight myself! Damn busy day, just got settled in, time for a well deserved bowl of ice cream.......more to follow, BWRR out!

CC Gray Panther
    Not a bad price from what you stated they did. The terrain will never be the same now. Glad Dome Guy found a good mate and may they grow strong together. You never know she could open a bakery near you.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Are you talking about a bulldozer ??
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

For the Love of Cats

yes he is. it just appears that he is a little dozier...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

It's a John Deer 450B just big enough to wreck most people's lives.

Bacon saver

I ran the dozer Friday afternoon....i "tore up" the road heading down to the creek. With a bit of back and forth, forward and reverse, scrape a little this way and that I soon got the hang of it. Hey, I'm no "Eagle" here ya know. I got pretty much what I needed done up on the top and then headed for the creek..........There's a big rock bar formed in the creek causing erosion towards our property so into the water I went. He, he, he....no more rock bar, creek is nice and level and we can now cross the creek with the 4-wheelers and harass the hunters! Just in time to set up the steel plates across the holler, stinga-dinga-ding! So I should have the long range/gun range set up soon to test out the AR-10 and see how it performs after all that braggin I was doing before

Overall the dozer performed great, I'm happy, I went down there this morning on the 4-wheeler and it looks like I need to do a bit more work on the road. Different perspective from that height. Oh, well, more practice........