Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New shop

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    It goes for about 36 inches per yard.
    Funny guy...
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

Well actually I would like to know. I might be pouring some not to far away from you................still waiting.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Well actually I would like to know. I might be pouring some not to far away from you................still waiting.
    Well being a newly wed and all he may be tied up . ( literally ) .

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I’m not trying to ignore anyone...I just don’t know the price per yard for the concrete. I paid $6200 for the 6 inch thick 20x40 pad. I paid separate for the rock to go under the pad to level up the space, with the rest to go on the driveway. The guy who I hired said since I bought the rock, he wouldn’t charge for the anchor bolts. I think I’ve got 114 of them that will need to be drilled and then tapped in. They will go in every 12 1/4 inches, with a steel angle bolted onto the floor, and the building bolted onto the upright part of the angle. Maybe this two pics from the plans will show it better. I’ve seen some of these buildings that are but into a channel or trough in the concrete, which is then filled in. This goes flat onto the pad.
    Last year I was quoted $8000-$9000 by several different contractors, so I’m guessing $6200 is a good deal, but he might have over charged me.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Domeguy; 10-20-2017 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Added content
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I might have mentioned it last year, but I was contacting several companies that made these types of buildings to check out their prices, ease of assembly, delivery charges, etc. About a month later I got a call from Mayflower Steel Bldg. The sales rep told me he had a building there someone had ordered, put down a deposit on, but couldn’t then pay the balance. It was smaller than what I wanted, so I ordered some extra panels to make it to the size I wanted, added on the end walls, and added an 8x8 over head door. The original buyer paid xtra for the arch connector plates, and I also ordered pins that screw onto the interior bolts so insulation can be installed easier, just pushing the insulation panels onto the pins, and pushing on a plastic disc onto the pin after the insulation is on to hold it into place. Even with the delivery, the total cost was only $7629. From what I’ve seen, the 20x40 would normally sell for around $15,000. I pays to shop around and to ask for any help they can give you.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Domeguy; 10-20-2017 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Spealling

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

That concrete is a good deal. I got quoted $7k + for a 12x22, and a 6x10 about 6 months ago.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

may be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    I’m not trying to ignore anyone...I just don’t know the price per yard for the concrete. I paid $6200 for the 6 inch thick 20x40 pad. I paid separate for the rock to go under the pad to level up the space, with the rest to go on the driveway. The guy who I hired said since I bought the rock, he wouldn’t charge for the anchor bolts. I think I’ve got 114 of them that will need to be drilled and then tapped in. They will go in every 12 1/4 inches, with a steel angle bolted onto the floor, and the building bolted onto the upright part of the angle.
    400 cubic feet / 27 = approx. 14.82 cubic yards, or about $418 per cubic yard. and 114 bolts sounds about right given a 1 or 2 inch offset inwards from the edge of the slab, regained from fastening the building to the upright.

Did you install rebar in this pad?

I'm wondering about, if I end up with a trailer, just having pads wide enough for the trailer tires to be driven onto, and smaller anchoring footings, and a 10'x15'x6" pad for a truck garage. Given the above figures, that runs to shy of $1200 for the garage pad alone.

Today I finished installing all of the anchor bolts and installing the arch connector plates all around the base. Tomorrow I start bolting the 7 pieces together to make each 2 ft deep arch. Each arch, with all seven pieces use a total of 120 bolts, times 19 arches. Then there are around 112 bolts used to connect each arch to the next one, times 19 arches. Damn, that’s a lot of bolts. Here’s what I got so far.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The second pic is all the pieces for the arches to make the building. The third pic is the 8x8 door and both end walls.

Bacon saver

Brings back memories, are they helping you build this thing or are you trying to do this yourself......? I should be closing on the 29th if all goes well.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

WOOHOO. Welcome neighbor. I am putting it up myself, with the help oh the neighbor kid when needed. Right now I’m just assembling the arches in 3 pieces on the ground. It’s been difficult to put them together on the ground due to the ground is on the ground and not to good for the back. Plus they are pretty floppy, so after bolting together a few pieces, I decided to make a jig to hold them in place better, and to make them higher off the ground. It worked pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The holes lined up perfectly, and I can put in the bolts standing up.