Thread: EMP test??

Walking on Sunshine

EMP test??

I just read something about an EMP test nationwide for 11/4-11/6. A friend sent me a link to Zero Hedge talking about a nation wide "grid-down" Has anyone heard anything about it?

The MARS / Amateur radio operators interoperability test?

Nothing to worry about, they do it twice a year

Zero Hedge article being referred to by OP ....

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ember_10272017

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks Fidel and Illini. I was wondering what they were talking about.Sounds like something my dad participated in years ago when he was a ham operator. I remember him going up to the attic and doing some kind of test to see who he could raise and he did it I thought 3 times a year but I was a little kid then so I could be mistaken as to how many times he did it. It was different than his usual usage of the radio.

The MARS exercise has been planned for months....just coincidence that the ANTIFA morons picked that same weekend to demonstrate what idiots look like,

Walking on Sunshine

My only worry is my DIL and the baby are coming here (driving) while Son 1 is on location for awhile. Just don't want her to get caught in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    My only worry is my DIL and the baby are coming here (driving) while Son 1 is on location for awhile. Just don't want her to get caught in anything.
    Not from this. This is just a regularly scheduled exercise between ham radio operators and the military.

The ANTIFA shenanigans scheduled for 4 Nov could be significant, but have nothing to do with this.

OTOH, if your DIL finds someone screaming at the sky, tell her it's OK to run them over....for the betterment of humanity

may be in trouble

It must be admitted that this exercise will show the more active HAMS, as it has always done. The quieter ones will either ignore it or stay silent and under the radar, until such time.

Walking on Sunshine

Thanks Fidel,
    She's not coming, she has to go back to the eye doctor. She had lasic awhile ago but the doctor thinks her pregnancy altered something and it didn't really take. So she's going back to DR this Thursday. OTOH, No she is too nice, she'll avoid the areas.