Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Prison Time / Bergdahl

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Since the POS plead guilty, there isn't much to be done. I guess it could be placed under review, but that is doubtful. Usually the only way that happens is if the defense appeals the sentence, and that won't happen in this case, since all the POS got was a slap on the wrist. Civilian court is the only place some justice may be gained. As I said earlier, if the families of the killed and wounded who searched for him file a civil action to prevent this POS from getting any monetary reward for a book, movie or speaking engagement related to his "ordeal" after deserting, they may prevail, but that is about it.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Bacon saver

Yup, that really fucked up my morning when I heard this. (Late to the party) Least "I" would have done, was put him in "visual" connected solitary with Bradley Manning. So they could peek at each other for what's left of their lives. Maybe send them out in the yard for lunch once a day.

Like STG1 said, he plead out, fucker got away, we still have a PC military that needs to be weened. This is going to take years before this will ever get sorted out to where we might get a hold of things but we'll never get it (military) completely back. I saw the Navy talking shit the other day about the Fitz and the McCain......still didn't hear what I wanted to hear. Who made or didn't make the decisions on those bridges that took the lives of those sailors? Nope, not a peep, CO, XO, and CMC.......enlisted, all relieved or busted but there's a link missing here in the middle. I'm not buying the "we were tired" excuse. Training, yeah I'll buy that, but they aren't ever going to give us the full story on either vessel.

As for the deserter, what goes around, comes around.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Yup, that really fucked up my morning when I heard this. (Late to the party) Least "I" would have done, was put him in "visual" connected solitary with Bradley Manning. So they could peek at each other for what's left of their lives. Maybe send them out in the yard for lunch once a day.

Like STG1 said, he plead out, fucker got away, we still have a PC military that needs to be weened. This is going to take years before this will ever get sorted out to where we might get a hold of things but we'll never get it (military) completely back. I saw the Navy talking shit the other day about the Fitz and the McCain......still didn't hear what I wanted to hear. Who made or didn't make the decisions on those bridges that took the lives of those sailors? Nope, not a peep, CO, XO, and CMC.......enlisted, all relieved or busted but there's a link missing here in the middle. I'm not buying the "we were tired" excuse. Training, yeah I'll buy that, but they aren't ever going to give us the full story on either vessel.

As for the deserter, what goes around, comes around.
    And the come around can come not too soon. This is the birth son of Obama in every sense of the word.

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Now here is a little talked about fact that the MSM will no doubt not report. The POS was initially rejected by the Coast Guard as being Psychologically unfit, yet somehow the Army took him.

This POS's lawyer is now trying to get a POW medal and $300k in back pay for the deserter. If the courts agree to this, we have sunk to a low that will rattle through the military completely destroying morale and the armed services. Talk about doing irreparable harm, this would be it.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Stg1swret View Post
    This POS's lawyer is now trying to get a POW medal and $300k in back pay for the deserter. If the courts agree to this, we have sunk to a low that will rattle through the military completely destroying morale and the armed services. Talk about doing irreparable harm, this would be it.
    If that happens then the judge should be court martial.

may be in trouble

Thank heavens his Dishonorable Discharge prevents him from being buried in a military graveyard, when time comes.

The gall of this lowlife is unspeakable. His lawyer needs a boot to the nethers, "cause i bet he figures on getting half.

Banish this piece of ... Stick his ass on one of the Aleutians with a Conex box and two years of MREs.

AFAIC, he stopped being a soldier when he deserted. He admits to the crime with his guilty plea. No POW, and I'm not entirely sure BHO couldn't be hit for this after the fact for "giving aid and comfort to the enemy" by giving them 5 tangos and bringing this one onto American soil.

Low life m****rf****r.

Legally this POS should be entitled to nothing, since he willfully deserted his post in the face of the enemy, basically making him a traitor since he sought out the enemy. This makes everything that happened to him voluntary on his part. He wasn't outnumbered, under arms and surrendered. This would negate the POW medal. It would also make back pay a non-issue since he abandon his unit. Unfortunately someone of a liberal bent will feel sorry for him and insist that he get payed, and the medal. We can only hope a real judge is presiding over this matter when it comes before the court. A service member who goes AWOL and is gone for more than 30 days does not in normal course get paid for the time he/she is absent.

Bacon saver

Agreed......you could lose all faith/links in the chain of command if this clown was to get a POW medal. If he does have McCain give it to him.

Bacon saver

Legally this POS should be entitled to nothing, since he willfully deserted his post in the face of the enemy, basically making him a traitor since he sought out the enemy. This makes everything that happened to him voluntary on his part. He wasn't outnumbered, under arms and surrendered. This would negate the POW medal. It would also make back pay a non-issue since he abandon his unit. Unfortunately someone of a liberal bent will feel sorry for him and insist that he get payed, and the medal. We can only hope a real judge is presiding over this matter when it comes before the court. A service member who goes AWOL and is gone for more than 30 days does not in normal course get paid for the time he/she is absent.
    As I recall after 90 days you were classified a deserter, at which point your pay stopped. Now seeings he got "captured" by the evil sand people this is probably a whole different classification, captured less than 90 days from deserting his post made him a POS/POW. Which according to a snotnosed JAG makes him a hero. Give him the Code Red..........fuck'em.

He'll probably get it......