Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need your input

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    RJ, Just had a thought today for what that's worth. Not much I assure you.
    Anyway another forum I browse thru has been taken over by new owners and in a very short period of time started evicting long time members and clamping down on just about everything. That site was much more about homesteading, hunting, trapping, etc. Very low percentage of firearm, defensive type threads. Not sure who purchased them as NOTHING is coming out. but sure seems as a major push to shut down the free passage of info. I would be curious as to the intentions of the folks questioning you. Timing seems sort of suspicious to me right on the heels of the other site within the past week.
    I've had the same thought son but I trust Red John to check this person's credentials to the best of his ability. We are only human and we pray for our brother's best interest. Red John will do his best to assure that we remain as one as best as he can. I wish our founder only the best outcome for himself and us if possible.

Run Low ; Drive On :

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Backpacker, what other site is this? Also, I am not sure yet that I will entertain the idea either.
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

Bacon saver

OK, hey I have say that everyone here echos my feelings completely when it comes to you and this site! LadyHK and I have been here since conception. Wait till I tell her.....anyway this last subject has my "chicken little" flag waving. I have nothing against RJ selling but makes me wonder how much of "destroy from within" is going on. Buy it up and shut it down from within the site and make the people go away. But I guess they'd pop up some place else, after all who controls the internet? Tin foil hats off..........

Sure I worry and I'd hate to loose all my imaginary friends here on the site...............actually I'd be fuckin pissed. You folks have helped me through alot over the years and I appreciate that. THANK YOU!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OK, hey I have say that everyone here echos my feelings completely when it comes to you and this site! LadyHK and I have been here since conception. Wait till I tell her.....anyway this last subject has my "chicken little" flag waving. I have nothing against RJ selling but makes me wonder how much of "destroy from within" is going on. Buy it up and shut it down from within the site and make the people go away. But I guess they'd pop up some place else, after all who controls the internet? Tin foil hats off..........

Sure I worry and I'd hate to loose all my imaginary friends here on the site...............actually I'd be fuckin pissed. You folks have helped me through a lot over the years and I appreciate that. THANK YOU!
    Thought along the same line brother.
    And you also have helped many through out the years also. Your one of a kind summaries ; opinions and such help people understand using that unique style. ( Straight forward )

I'll most likely shit myself

RJ, The other site is PreparedSociety.com . I also got a partial name a few minutes ago, Chris Dildy. Not sure spelling is right. Also something about the CMG group. Not sure at all what that is. It had been a pretty vibrant site until this happened. They had 7 post today, down from probably 30 or more most days. Most everyone there has already migrated over to a new site.

Rat I like the way bit you added about everyone helping you out with stuff over the years. I fell that way as well. Lots of good people have been on here since the site kicked off. I thank all of them for what they added.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    RJ, its your site, so do what you need to, especially if you need cash. I would ask, as it has already been said, that you allow us to make contacts with each other and get alternate forms of contact from members so we have the ability to stay in touch. Ive been so busy starting up this Winter Warfare program, that literally everything has fallen by the wayside. ( I actually talked to Izzy just yesterday and ordered patches for my cadre and graduate students from him) but theres so many of you whom I have shared ideas, thoughts, pains, ordeals with, that I would hate to lose that before I had the chance to get an alternate form of commo with them. Just my thoughts brother
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

The guy has not come back to me. Fuck it, I'll keep it on with us.

For the Love of Cats

Jeez, go away for a couple days and the site is for sale, then it isn't lol.

The best part of this site is the family atmosphere, I haven't met many f2f, but I think of most people on here like my brothers and sisters.

RJ, just curious, what would a site like this go for?
    and, is there something we can do, donation-wise, to help out?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    Kind of interesting and it brings up a thought. Should we create an alternate site so we can fall back on to regroup?
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    RJ, just curious, what would a site like this go for?
    I have honestly no ideas. I know of a prepper site that sold for 10Gs and a domain name for 1G. Usually, I keep the domains I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Jeez, go away for a couple days and the site is for sale, then it isn't lol.
    Well it is not for sale, but in my actual situation, a reasonable offer makes me think, like this one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Kind of interesting and it brings up a thought. Should we create an alternate site so we can fall back on to regroup?
    If you create another then I have no need to keep this one going on. As for me to create another one in case of ... this one is having enough troubles to survive as it is, diluting the content on another site is not going to help much.