Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need your input

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Need your input

Ok guys.

I received an email this morning from someone who asked me if the forum was for sale. I asked him if it was just for the domain or to continue the forum. He replied that he wanted to continue it. Based on the fact that I am not as present as I should be and that the need of cash is important to me, I am inclined to say yes to this request.

But before proceeding on anything, I need your input. Would you be OK with it ? Would you prefer I do not pursue this venue ? You guys are the forum and I won't do anything without your consent.

What say you ?
    Altar Arms - 01 FFL (772) 497-6550 - Located in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    15$ transfers for SHTF Ready members! WE TAKE TRADES!

may be in trouble

Strip out the personal data. Leave the posts. If New Guy wants to be wise n leave things largely as they are in re: posts, good on him.

I have still yet to grow a brain
    You created this path. You control it. All I ask is that you let us know your decision. I appreciate all that you have provided. Thank you RedJohn.
    The tallest oak in the forest was once just a nut who held its ground.

Be decisive. Right or Wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who could not make a decision.

I'll most likely shit myself

I have to agree with Vodin on this. The site is your baby. If you need the funds and selling it will help go for it. I'd hate to see it go away, but would fully understand.
    Like Vodin and Keepist requested, Let us know whats gonna happen and if you you do sell PLEASE pull all personal data from it.
    The only other thing I could think of would be if you could give us a few days notice to contact other so we can remain in touch.

EITHER was, I want to THANK you for all you've done in putting this site up and maintaining it for everyone.

Walking on Sunshine

Agreed If you need to sell, just get rid of personal info. I hope for the best for you Thank you for all you've done

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I say it’s your site to do as you wish. I completely understand the need for cash, and if you have something to get you the cash, use it to the max. Don’t settle for anything less than $32,564,369,514.66. Your bank account will thank you.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

appreciate the opportunity to input - definitely scrub the personal data - pretty damn sure my email address was compromised when another prepper site was sold .....

CC Gray Panther
    I concur with all of the above post Red John.
    You built this site with sound thinking and members who aren't the least bit egotistical as a lot of other sites . It's been a pleasure to reside here among family largely due to your rules of common courtesy.
    Hopefully we can all stay in contact.

With that being said ; You must do what's good for you and we all understand that. So do what's best and if you decide to sell I hope the new owner is a good as you which in my book will be a hard act to follow. And please check in now & then to let your family know how you're doing.

Run low and drive on.

AIRBORNE BROTHER!!!

CC Gray Panther
    Just thought of something. Imagine if you will a time and place in the future where a crusty C.P.O. buys a web site and ; Well I'll let your imaginations swirl.

I'll most likely shit myself

RJ, Just had a thought today for what that's worth. Not much I assure you.
    Anyway another forum I browse thru has been taken over by new owners and in a very short period of time started evicting long time members and clamping down on just about everything. That site was much more about homesteading, hunting, trapping, etc. Very low percentage of firearm, defensive type threads. Not sure who purchased them as NOTHING is coming out. but sure seems as a major push to shut down the free passage of info. I would be curious as to the intentions of the folks questioning you. Timing seems sort of suspicious to me right on the heels of the other site within the past week.