Thread: Shtf now? 1-4-18

Shtf now? 1-4-18

As we were watching the Weather Channel about the ultra-cold storms and sub zero weather along the east coast, power outages in 17 states and roads that are treacherous to say the least, my mind asked, "How many of those people are prepped to be on their own for a week -- or more?"

I know that if you are one of the regular on this site you have your way of heating your home, your food and water storage are taken care of and you have a means to cook/prepare your meals. I am sure many of you are currently without electricity or perhaps just internet connections and will read this as you emerge on the other side of this short term emergency. You will say, "Well, what did we learn from this SHTF situation?" and will adjust your preps for the future.

Carry on ants!

CC Gray Panther

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    As we were watching the Weather Channel about the ultra-cold storms and sub zero weather along the east coast, power outages in 17 states and roads that are treacherous to say the least, my mind asked, "How many of those people are prepped to be on their own for a week -- or more?"

I know that if you are one of the regular on this site you have your way of heating your home, your food and water storage are taken care of and you have a means to cook/prepare your meals. I am sure many of you are currently without electricity or perhaps just internet connections and will read this as you emerge on the other side of this short term emergency. You will say, "Well, what did we learn from this SHTF situation?" and will adjust your preps for the future.

Carry on ants!
    Well growing up in Ohio from 1950 to present day weather is a fact of life. We always understood that if the weatherman said 1" to 4" meant that we could get up to 12" . It's all about the lake effect. So we always prepared for the worst. If it didn't come fine ; If it did the we'd make snowmen ; snow castles and sled runs much to our parents amusement. Many a day that we hung our wet clothes on the shower bar while putting on dry clothes to go back out and do it again.

For the Love of Cats

^
    Yep.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    It’s been mighty cold this winter, as apposed to last year, the winter that wasn’t. It’s been down to 1 several times, single digits many nights in a row. But we are in an area where when they predict snow, 1/4 of an inch can shut everything down for days if it doesn’t melt. They salt all the main roads, but with all of the hills, some up to 30-40 degree incline, and curves in the roads that never see daylight, we just don’t go anywhere. Just throw another log in the wood stove and carry on as usual.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.