Thread: We are still alive, sorry to disappoint ya!

Bacon saver

We are still alive, sorry to disappoint ya!

Just checking in, busy as shit, the good Lord seems to see fit to rain on my parade. I don't do parades I already told him that years ago, yet he insists. So in the mean time I'm continuing my endeavors on the destruction of our new acreage. Gotta love pushing dinosaur shit with a dozer. I've yet to resolve the "photo" issue and am currently dealing with builders and who's going to build my fuckin shop. But hey all is good. I will post pics and updates on this soon so you all can criticize my work.

Peace , Love, and No Underwear!

By the way, you know how we always talk about having your own water sources? Uh, yeah, I'm running outta fingers to put in the dyke. All the rain we've been having has produced quite the mess. God I love this place.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Be careful B.W.R. ; Dozers and very wet terra firma AKA mud don't go together very well most of the time.
    But then a crafty curmudgeon like yourself probably already knew that.

Walking on Sunshine

Sounds like you are having a ball out there. How's lady doing? Glad you're in the new place

I'll most likely shit myself

Good to hear from you Rat. Sounds like your having a little too much fun playing in the mud.

Bacon saver

LadyHK is doing fine, "fun" isn't exactly the word I would be using right now. It stopped raining today, to be continued tonight so it says and the rest of the week, REALLY! The new alternator for the dozer needs housing to be rotated 90 degrees CCW so the wiring harness won't stick out the side. Trouble is I can't get the damn thing to come loose, it's brand new and I don
    t want to fuck it up. I didn't have a problem with the old one, so I'm going to to take it to a shop and let them do it and spin it and make sure it's right before I slap it back in. Not like I can do anything in the rain anyway.

So let's see, since the dozer has been on station it's been down.
    1. Trans filter clogged.
    2. Oil pressure gauge leak.......all over my feet.
    3. Dead battery, replaced.
    4. Alternator............more to follow.

Trying to burn all I have "leveled" well now that's a story in itself. When I call for a burn permit they giggle. That's all I got to say about that.................nothing fucking burns! My little brother was here from Nevada and he burns down orange groves and gas stations, blew up the annual Christmas tree burning party with a gas can.............nope, nuthin.

SUMMARY: I have numerous piles of assorted trees (branches, logs and root bulbs) and shit for burning that don't want to burn. I have ground that I can't prep for a pad because it's all mud, all I do is leave trenches and slide around in circles. More to follow....

CC Gray Panther
    Maybe you could find some old military contacts and have them do a miniature napalm trial run on said debris.
    I'm sure that should do it.

Bacon saver

Progress.......new alternator is in and charging, amp gauge says "Happy", oil pressure , tits up and dry feet! KNocked over two more tress and ended up in the mud again, tried packin and smoothing things out......yeah right. OK, trees are down, good thing. Now what to do with all this water..........

Hey, I need a picture host so I can post some pictures again, suggestions would be most welcome. Then y'all can see the mess I've made.

Oh, and napalm, currently working the airdrop issue as we speak, they didn't say I couldn't use it in the burn permit!

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Progress.......new alternator is in and charging, amp gauge says "Happy", oil pressure , tits up and dry feet! KNocked over two more tress and ended up in the mud again, tried packin and smoothing things out......yeah right. OK, trees are down, good thing. Now what to do with all this water..........

Hey, I need a picture host so I can post some pictures again, suggestions would be most welcome. Then y'all can see the mess I've made.

Oh, and napalm, currently working the airdrop issue as we speak, they didn't say I couldn't use it in the burn permit!

Was just thinking; Ouch!! If you can expand the napalm load you may be able to dry up some of the mud issues.
    Correct ; If napalm was not cited you're good to go. If they bitch you and said contacts can always chalk it up to faulty electronic navigational error. Along with military secret exercise with a need to know access.

Bacon saver

NOW SEE what happens when great minds come together. Under budget, and ahead of schedule, no paperwork, problem solved......like it wasn't even there.

It's raining..................

Bacon saver

Current Sitrep............SNAFU.

Stopped raining......got a few good days and it starts again Monday, WTFO? Still haggling on shop prices. Never dry enough to burn, the usual stuff. Still can't push dirt cause it's mud. I'll head out again tomorrow to see if I can put a dent in things.