Thread: JUst came back from Tennessee and seeing my friend...at his home.

JUst came back from Tennessee and seeing my friend...at his home.

Been wanting to see my friend out in Tennessee for some time now..and went with my lady friend and her grandchildren. We stayed for a day and then went on to Waynesboro, Virginia where we rented a cabin for five days.

I got to see his end of the base station to which I have been talking for some time now.

He is really back there off the main road and up in them thar mountains...talk about "Deliverance." He is really back there on a very very winding paved road and then a dirt winding road about .75 miles back off the paved winding road.

But it clears out into a lovely house with a sizable pond fed by a mountain stream. Fish in the pond...

He just put in a well too...to augment the stream from whence he gets his water. So now he has two water sources.

His antennas are up in the air much higher than are mine...some 90 feet for one and 115 feet for the other.

We can both run a bit of power from our amplifiers but have found that for the most part it is not necessary.

We are usually running some 80 to 100 watts output to our antennas.
    Spoke to him myself last night on my radio when I got home and settled in.

It was good to see my friend again...after over a year.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

I'll most likely shit myself

OT That sounds like a place I want to find by the time I can retire. That would be a place to live your life out at for sure. Glad you got to spend some time out in the boonies and enjoying your time away from work.