Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City life has gotta suck...right?

Walking on Sunshine

We are 10 minutes from large city. Can’t move due to health issues(dils) so we have to stay put. DIL’s arthritis is getting worse and he has to have the meds done by infusion. At least it’s considered an “office”visit, so he doesn’t have to go to hospital to get it done and it is cheaper that way. I’m down at Son 1’s and am going to see sisters in VA end of month with DIL and the grands ,any chance any ants near hampton/newport news could meet for coffee? PM me

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I'm in hampton.
    For now.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Walking on Sunshine

Hope you can get somewhere better.

Hey Gunfixr....

You had a gun shop in Hampton....what was the name of it..before you closed it??

Send it to me in private notifications please.

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 06-11-2018 at 03:07 PM.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Well...city life has gotta suck, right? But then again, the country life isn’t always so picture perfect also. If anyone remembers, 3-5 yrs ago I had a huge tree fall in back of my dome from further up on the ridge. It fell and broke into several pieces, landed in between the 2 AC units, and missed the dome by 2 inches. Before that, I had a smallish tree fall down, landing between the porch and the garage, again, no damage. About 30 minutes ago, my wife and I were sitting in the sunroom eating dinner when we heard several loud cracks, crunches, and booms. We ran to the front door and saw branches and leaves everywhere. One tree fell onto another, and it was like dominos falling. I think 3 large trees, and 3-5 small one came down....and didn’t damage anything, didn’t loose a single flower from her plants on the porch. Everything fell onto the porch and both sides of the garage. If it hit the garage,
    (Which I don’t think happened) it rolled or slipped off. So far, Me 3 - Mother Nature 0. So I guess I’ll be cutting trees tomorrow instead of calling the insurance company.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

yeah..domeguy..I worry about my friend out in Tennessee...with such an scenario....as he is way out in the country against a National Forest.

I worry about fire too...

But that is his decision ....

Thanks,
    Orangerom

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Well...city life has gotta suck, right? But then again, the country life isn’t always so picture perfect also. If anyone remembers, 3-5 yrs ago I had a huge tree fall in back of my dome from further up on the ridge. It fell and broke into several pieces, landed in between the 2 AC units, and missed the dome by 2 inches. Before that, I had a smallish tree fall down, landing between the porch and the garage, again, no damage. About 30 minutes ago, my wife and I were sitting in the sunroom eating dinner when we heard several loud cracks, crunches, and booms. We ran to the front door and saw branches and leaves everywhere. One tree fell onto another, and it was like dominos falling. I think 3 large trees, and 3-5 small one came down....and didn’t damage anything, didn’t loose a single flower from her plants on the porch. Everything fell onto the porch and both sides of the garage. If it hit the garage,
    (Which I don’t think happened) it rolled or slipped off. So far, Me 3 - Mother Nature 0. So I guess I’ll be cutting trees tomorrow instead of calling the insurance company.
    That is why I don't have any large trees close to my house.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Hey Gunfixr....

You had a gun shop in Hampton....what was the name of it..before you closed it??

Send it to me in private notifications please.

Orangetom
    I didn't have a gun shop in hampton.
    I worked at a gun shop in Ivor.
    The owner closed it. He had run it at several locations totalling some 30+ yrs.

First Suffolk, then 2 different places in Ivor.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I didn't have a gun shop in hampton.
    I worked at a gun shop in Ivor.
    The owner closed it. He had run it at several locations totalling some 30+ yrs.

First Suffolk, then 2 different places in Ivor.
    Ahhh..ok...thanks for that Update.

I've only been there a few times.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    That is why I don't have any large trees close to my house.
    My ex wife thought the same thing, she wanted me to cut down all the trees that could potentially fall on the dome. Then I showed her how many trees I would have to cut down and explained to her the trees are why we built up on the ridge. If we wanted a no tree zone, we would have built the dome in a Walmart parking lot. I’m sure it’s a question of WHEN, not WILL, a tree hit the dome. I’m curious as to what will happen. The dome structure is built from 2x6 spruce, not standard 2x4 pine, and clad with 3/4 plywood, not standard 1/2 inch. And if hit hard enough, the entire dome structure will flex a bit at each triangle and “give a bit”. I’ve heard of a tornado in AL that threw a car into a dome structure, and it just bounced off, but I don’t know it it was true...I guess I’ll find out soon enough.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.