Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you take?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

What would you take?

What would you take from your home if you only had a second or two to walk out of the house with just the clothesand shoes you have on in a totally FUBAR situation, it’s all gone to hell. It’s just you, you have no spouse, children, pets, meds to take, your life is perfect. But you must leave now and take ONLY ONE ITEM...what you’ll it be. For me, I guess it would be my fully loaded Glock 17. I figure it might help me to get the rest. The wife says her purse, I said one item in the purse. She said money. That’s up to her, not saying right or wrong as there is no right or wrong answer...but I think she is wrong.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

But you must leave now and take ONLY ONE ITEM...what you’ll it be. For me, I guess it would be my fully loaded Glock 17. I figure it might help me to get the rest.

always considered prepping to be much more than just staying alive for my own & famliy's benefit >>>> hopefully I'd be able to assist in some way in restoring the correct kind of society ....

with your mindset >>>> we'd be at definite odds ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-03-2018 at 01:41 PM.

My friend, you misread my intention. You can’t help your family and friends because you don’t have any in this scenario. It’s just you, taking what you have now, the one item to keep YOURSELF alive. I see where you think I will just shoot anything that moves, but not so. And just because I have the gun doesn’t mean I have to use it. I may be using it for my own protection. Believe me, I am far from a natural born killer. But here there are no right or wrong answers...just the one you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    My friend, you misread my intention. You can’t help your family and friends because you don’t have any in this scenario. It’s just you, taking what you have now, the one item to keep YOURSELF alive. I see where you think I will just shoot anything that moves, but not so. And just because I have the gun doesn’t mean I have to use it. I may be using it for my own protection. Believe me, I am far from a natural born killer. But here there are no right or wrong answers...just the one you choose.

what a load of crap - you don't think I also included your previous postings in my interpretation of that posting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    what a load of crap - you don't think I also included your previous postings in my interpretation of that posting ...
    “What a load of crap”...well how many were shot up in Chicago this week?

may be in trouble

5-7" straightback knife in a bootsheath. Not anything exotic.... a good steel will do.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Is this an additional item, or stuff already on me?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

may be in trouble

I'd think additional to your EDC

Quote Originally Posted by Kesephist View Post
    I'd think additional to your EDC
    Sorry, no EDC...just the normal cloths on your back with terrain and area appropriate shoes. Most likely something like jeans or shorts, maybe a t-shirt or a button up shirt, and if you wear mostly athletic shoes, that’s what are on your feet. If you always wear boots, then boots it is. Nothing else is on you. No wallet, no BOB, no EDC, nothing in your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    My 2 FN high powered 9mm.'s in a double shoulder rig with extra mags. As the all knowing Domey says ; For protection mostly.
    not looking to rape & pillage just survive and meet up with Domey ; River Rat & Lady K. But 1st. I gotta find my son Backpacker & Southern Belle.
    If it’s a double shoulder holster, I’ll allow that as one item, but no extra mags, just the fully loaded weapons. Just one item. But are you sure ya don’t wanna pillage just a little bit?

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Sorry, no EDC...just the normal cloths on your back with terrain and area appropriate shoes. Most likely something like jeans or shorts, maybe a t-shirt or a button up shirt, and if you wear mostly athletic shoes, that’s what are on your feet. If you always wear boots, then boots it is. Nothing else is on you. No wallet, no BOB, no EDC, nothing in your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s a double shoulder holster, I’ll allow that as one item, but no extra mags, just the fully loaded weapons. Just one item. But are you sure ya don’t wanna pillage just a little bit?
    Well okay Domey ; The extra magazines were mainly for wild game if I couldn't trap. So now I'm between a hard spot & a rock. No problem brother instead of wounding said aggressor I'll have to kill him or her. Hate to waste ammo. But hopefully they have a knife which makes the next encounter much more silent.
    You're gonna make an old man work to survive. Damn I'm supposed to be retired.
    Pity your sorry asses I encounter under Domey's rules.

As for pillaging that has to be run by Storm feather & River Rat. As I'm not up to date on this shit. I only know the old rules. I'll follow their wisdom on this matter.