Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you take?

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    Sorry, no EDC...just the normal cloths on your back with terrain and area appropriate shoes. Most likely something like jeans or shorts, maybe a t-shirt or a button up shirt, and if you wear mostly athletic shoes, that’s what are on your feet. If you always wear boots, then boots it is. Nothing else is on you. No wallet, no BOB, no EDC, nothing in your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s a double shoulder holster, I’ll allow that as one item, but no extra mags, just the fully loaded weapons. Just one item. But are you sure ya don’t wanna pillage just a little bit?
    Well okay Domey ; The extra magazines were mainly for wild game if I couldn't trap. So now I'm between a hard spot & a rock. No problem brother instead of wounding said aggressor I'll have to kill him or her. Hate to waste ammo. But hopefully they have a knife which makes the next encounter much more silent.
    You're gonna make an old man work to survive. Damn I'm supposed to be retired.
    Pity your sorry asses I encounter under Domey's rules.

As for pillaging that has to be run by Storm feather & River Rat. As I'm not up to date on this shit. I only know the old rules. I'll follow their wisdom on this matter.

Bacon saver

Hey, over here! Yup I'm here still, soooo what would I take? I always wear boots so I'm covered there, I think I'd have to pull one of the BB guns "AR" and a 30rd mag. Sure it's bigger an more visible but I can still run and gun. I still go back to the old phrase "you keep what you kill" using rds wisely you can procure a lot of gear, given DG's current scenario it's not going to be purdy out there.

If I'm lucky we'll be able to put the band back together for a final concert, Hoo-Yah!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

Just one item. I'd say probably a Sawyer water filter. I could find a bottle somewhere. But gotta have clean water to do anything else and this time of year you need it quickly.

Eagle, yall just head on over here, the door is open and the welcome mat is out!

This sort of like the TV show "Naked and Afraid" where each contestant can choose ONE and ONLY ONE item to carry.

My choice would be a water filter. Three days of no water = death soon.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

You have on weather and temp appropriate clothing and shoes to your area.
    Nothing else in pockets, no BOB, nothing special in vehicle. Just the one item you take from your home is the only thing you will have to possibly save your life.
    Well I have 3 knives, and at least one gun on me if I am awake except at work the gun is in the car. So that being said, I would probably grab my water filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, no EDC...just the normal cloths on your back with terrain and area appropriate shoes. Most likely something like jeans or shorts, maybe a t-shirt or a button up shirt, and if you wear mostly athletic shoes, that’s what are on your feet. If you always wear boots, then boots it is. Nothing else is on you. No wallet, no BOB, no EDC, nothing in your pockets.

- - - Updated - - -

If it’s a double shoulder holster, I’ll allow that as one item, but no extra mags, just the fully loaded weapons. Just one item. But are you sure ya don’t wanna pillage just a little bit?
    Not sure why I would not have by pistol on me, seriously I always have my canik tp9sf on me with 21 rounds in it when I am home. Yes when I wake up in the morning an put my pants on, I have my gun on my first trip to the bathroom.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    First, you say I got a second or two, I'd get more than one thing, but then you say only one thing.
    With that limitation, it's going to be either a knife or gun. Probably gun.
    Normally, I'm not one of the "I got guns, I'll just take the rest" crowd, but in this instance, there's not much choice.
    No one item is sufficient.
    However, I'd look to hit stores, and leave people who put away for that time with what they had stored. Only if I had no choice would I deprive another of their equipment. If that were the case, I'd spread it out, not take everything someone had.
    Probably end up dead, just as I've always thought would happen to those with such a plan. Which would solve my problem, in a messed up way.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    what a load of crap - you don't think I also included your previous postings in my interpretation of that posting ...
    “What a load of crap”...well how many were shot up in Chicago this week?
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.