Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New homestead

CC Gray Panther
    Damn wish I lived closer. Just the thought of a total rehab is something wife and I live for.
    Taking a rough property and turning it into a place that you can relax and enjoy is something most people will never experience .
    Anybody can have a house built. But when you do as you're doing it's becomes a home that you built with you & Lady K's own hands. It's like knowing ever nook and cranny of my Dozer and your ship. Something most people have no knowledge of.

I have no doubt that you 2 will enjoy your retreat & shooting range till the cows come home . Carry on Chief.

Run Low Drive On

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    All I can say is I buy land in the county, he buys a bigger piece of property. I build a metal building, he builds a bigger building. I cut dow a tree or two, he cuts down half a damn forrest. Seems to me someone is “over compensating” for something...just sayin.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Bacon saver

Wait till I build my distilling "plant"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Domeguy
    All I can say is I buy land in the county, he buys a bigger piece of property. I build a metal building, he builds a bigger building. I cut dow a tree or two, he cuts down half a damn forrest. Seems to me someone is “over compensating” for something...just sayin

Brownwater Riverrat 13
    Wait till I build my distilling "plant"

Yes sir!! ; Looks as though we got ourselves a competition now. Yep this is gonna be a good thread. Love it when a plan comes together.
    Really though ; you both have different talents which will lead to you bought having awesome places if you intertwine them.

Run Low Drive On

Bacon saver

No actually there's a plan amidst. All I can say about it is smoking meat is a difficult process, so we're getting matching bib overalls to look inconspicuous. The mind must be in the right state in order smoke the meats.......it's a difficult process. Also works for studying for your Ham Exam...........uh. you figure it out.

may be in trouble

HRO has up to date HAM flashcards for all three of the present active classes. They worked for me getting my General. Fastest delivery would be ordering out of their Atlanta store.

Keep SOME trees up for antenna mounting.

Herewith links:

Technician class

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-009047

General class

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-009048

Extra class

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-009049

It got to a point where I was seeing the damn cards in my sleep... but I 96%ed the test.

Kesephist

I'll most likely shit myself

Sounds like them 2 will be breaking out the dumptrucks to piss over before long! LOL
    Seriously congrats to you both on making progress.

Bacon saver

Regarding the "HAM" post from Kese.

Or you could just go to eham.net, look in the left hand column under "resources" , click on "Ham Exams" and follow the instructions. All questions will be on your exam, just which of the 35 is the question. Take the exam, they score you and show you what you got right and wrong. You can take exam as many times as you want. Keep taking them till you're passing everyone and you're on your way. Izzy, Domeguy and I studied these and made the grade and then some. They don't give you your scores at Hamfest. They just say if we called your name, you passed. We passed...........Best part is it's free, I recommend buying the books though because you might want to look up and understand what these questions are all about. Also you can have the tech books for future use (reference).

Thanks for putting this up but I think you could have started a new thread with this one so it gets the individual attention it deserves. Then we can build on it with ref. material.

Bacon saver

OK here's the inside, before and almost afters, currently staining the floor. More to follow on that also here's the "beginning" of my solar power.

Bacon saver

one more!