Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just saw what stupidity this world has come to.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

I just saw what stupidity this world has come to.

I’m sorry if I offend anyone here by saying this, as I would hope no one here has bought this. I sat down after coming in to cool down after cutting some fallen trees, and turned on the television. The commercial that then came on had me speechless. It was a commercial selling a new channel on dish network, channel 285, called DOGTV. This is a channel you buy, actually pay money for, for your dog to watch while you are away, so your dog stays entertained and doesn’t get board. It showed a dog watching the TV while on the screen puppies were frolicking in a park. I just don’t get it, so STUPID...now if they had a channel for cats, that would be different.

Ps...call 866-406-6697 to order, or go to www.mydish.com/dogtv
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Walking on Sunshine

Dome , They DO have a channel for the kitties. It shows fish swimming and other critters(ie birds) moving around. NO we didn't buy it but it has been offered for the last few years by the cable and satellite companies. Almost as ridiculous as the phone having an app that will call your home and leave messages for the pets or some such nonsense like that.

Bacon saver

Our dogs watch DeerTV right off the back porch. It's when the squirrel commercial interrupts and then they go ballistic.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Our dogs watch DeerTV right off the back porch. It's when the squirrel commercial interrupts and then they go ballistic.
    Oh yea ; Claymore thinks he a squirrel dog and when he sees deer in field behind us he goes bat shit crazy.
    Now Charlie my small dog thinks squirrels are playmates. The squirrels not so much. They look at him like yep he ain't right.

Walking on Sunshine

Our 2 cats think I had the 2 season room built just for them so they can holler at the birds and the bunnies. DH says they would live out there year round if we'd just put the food and potty box out there LOL

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    On a pretty regular basis, I either get reminded of why I dropped cable over a decade ago, or get another reason for why doing it was a good idea.

Seems "dogtv" is the latter............

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Still waiting for GFTV. Gold fish television.

You know we have to much idle time when we have tv channels for our pets.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Oh not so my orange friend. We are now SO busy, we don’t have time for our pets...so therefore our good friends at the television stations are looking out for us, and therefore the dog channel is born to take our pets idle time and intertain and teach them for us. I guess soon they will start making television shows to play for our children to intertain and teach them since we are too busy to do it ourselves.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Domeguy,

Oh not so my orange friend. We are now SO busy, we don’t have time for our pets...so therefore our good friends at the television stations are looking out for us, and therefore the dog channel is born to take our pets idle time and intertain and teach them for us. I guess soon they will start making television shows to play for our children to intertain and teach them since we are too busy to do it ourselves.
    Years ago....I dated a woman with four children. I noticed when I would stop by after work..on my way home...

I worked graveyard shift...

The children would get up in the morning and watch television..then get ready or dressed in front of the television, eat breakfast cereal in front of the television.
    In other words the television was the center of everything.

Now I called this...a drug habit...the children were hooked.

I asked her why she was cooking and cleaning while the children watched television....after she got off work.

The children should be cooking and cleaning while she watched television.

The children should know how to make beds...clean up the house ...do laundry ..take out the trash..

Her job was to get them ready to go out in the world and survive..not get ready for tonights television program.

Public Schooling today has become much about a television and movie education....not reality.

Public Schooling has become like the news and television out here....Tabloid.

Not for me thanks.

What I did for this woman was to go to Radio Shack in those days and get a key switch. I put it in the back of the television and when you turn the key it disconnects the AC voltage from the wall socket. You can push all the buttons you want and nothing happens.

It was like someone took these childrens drugs..they went into withdrawals. It was amazing to watch.

The first mistake this woman made was to give the children options..not responsibilities. They believed that work was optional...between commercials of course.

These children were dumber than pets. They were well on their way to becoming two legged wildlife...with mostly a television and movie education.

How many people out here do you know that when you ask them a question requiring deep thought ...they tend to quote a television program or a movie they have seen????

They have television and or movie thoughts ..television and or movie emotions, television and or movie values and they do not often realize that they are not their own thoughts, emotions, and or values.

Know what is really scary...many of these people are voters!!! Robots controlled by someone else..someone else's thoughts emotions and values.

People are concerned about these new robot/automatons coming out ...no...they are already here..raised on a lifetime of television and movies.

I wont be doing any of that for my pets....I see enough of these robots at work on the clock.
    I don't want my pets to become like human robots responding to a television or movie stimulus...or commercial product.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.