Not me, but our son.

In June my son and his family moved to Hawaii for work reasons. There was a considerable cost in moving the household to the middle of the Pacific. They had a small (I think it was 20 feet in length) shipping container that was crammed wall to wall, floor to ceiling. However they had to sell or leave a number of items behind. A fair amount of their emergency prep items stayed had to be left behind. Fortunately they took their water storage containers and some freeze-dried food. Left behind was their gas grill and propane bottles. The grill was on its last days anyway and some scavenger picked it up while I ended up with 2 more propane bottles.

One of the first things he did when they moved into their house on Maui was to fill those water containers. Yeah, his wife thought it was silly. He also started to rebuild some food storage with canned goods, though they are not prepped for a very long period.

As the hurricane Lane approaches them in Maui they are ready with enough water for a few weeks and food for maybe 7 - 10 days. They won't starve but they will get by.

In the area they live there is no natural gas so if they lose electricity, it will be a bitch to prepare food. I told them to get a camp stove NOW and some propane so at least you can boil water and cook the dried rice and beans. Cold, canned food will not be too exciting! Also with a cooking source, they can boil water for drinking if shtf really lasts beyond 10 days.

What is sort of sad is that with as little as they have now, they are in better shape than many people around this country.