Thread: Finally got my truck back on the road.

Finally got my truck back on the road.

I have been devoutly procrastinating for a couple of years now in getting my truck back on the road...repaired and then inspected.

I finally got around to it and replaced the power steering pump and got her insptected and on the road.

I had forgotten how much I miss driving that olde 5 speed transmission.

I particulary wanted this truck back on the road as it has HF long range radio and various antennas to suit on it...for this purpose. The rig is a Yaesu FT 100 d...and has in it not only HF radio.including CB frequencies but also VHF/UHF frequencies as well. My car only has in it VHF/UHF radio.

If it comes to bugging out...this will be my primary bug out vehicle. I do not like any of my vehicles to get below half empty in the gas tanks before I fill them up. It is my way.

Hence I finally got off my Donkey and got her done.

Glad to be back Q5 on my olde truck

A very 73 to the members.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

For the Love of Cats

so what limd/year is it?

I just updated my truck to a 2005 Tacoma, from my 1998, with 600+K on it.

This one too, is a manual, but now a six speed...

love it!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

One of the best things about these two vehicles ..is that I do not owe any payments on them.

Oh...and this truck is a 1986 Ford Ranger with a 5 speed transmission and a 2.3 Liter 4 cylinder which I rebuilt some years back. The engine has less than 10 K on it since the rebuild.
    Around here locally ..I often ride my Honda Ruckus scooter if not carrying a lot of cargo and often to and fro work...

Hence also I try to keep them going and ready ..on line so to speak. And as I said...my car only has short range VHF/UHF radio in it.

You members decide for yourselves...but in Certain degrees of SHTF and or TEOTWAWKI... ...I would be dubious about using cell phones...but that is just me.

I need also to get off my Donkey and put that other cased combination gun in this truck. I will keep the current rifle in this truck ..,.a SKS rifle. But also want to add a Stevens combination gun with .357 Magnum over the top of a 20 gauge shotgun. I think that would be a good/simple combination....with Ammo.

In my car I have another Stevens combination gun in .22 LR over the top of a 20 gauge shotgun...what I think is another simple tool...of if you prefer..the KISS principle....Keep It Simple Stupid.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.