Thread: Chainsaw Primer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Original Shack Daddy

Thanks gang.

Bacpacker, you're absolutely correct. Spare parts are critical in keeping the machine working. You just beat me to the punch.

Spare:

Chain, bar-nuts, spark-plugs, air-filter wraps, and those little c-clips on the drive gear, and files to keep your chains sharp for maximum efficiency and service life.

Files are made for specific style and size of chain. It is not a one size fits all kind of deal.

The air filter as how it fits on the powerhead.

The filter wrap is a removable, cleanable band that fits over the filter. I usually clean mine in diesel.

Next post we will get into tree identification and potential hazards, directional falling, and proper techniques in safely bringing down a tree.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Next post we will get into tree identification and potential hazards, directional falling, and proper techniques in safely bringing down a tree.
    I'm really looking forward to this. I've got several trees to drop at the new house. I've cut trees down before but their close proximity to the house suddenly has me second guessing myself.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout