Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Get home boat?

CC Gray Panther
    A young man from Wayne county Ohio shows that a country boy can survive.
    Oh and the wife and I will be going to check out the Wayne County fair here soon as it's better than the big city ones.
    Be thinking of you Stormy as we peruse through the fair grounds.

Bacon saver

Just researched your FPB-97 there Stormy. Nice fuckin rig. I'm sure you just happened to pull that one out of your ass by natural selection or something? They put alot of research into that puppy, fin stabilizers will help, John Deer mains? Hmmm? OK, bow keel design similar to sailing vessel. A well thought out space plan, clean design. There's one for sale in New Zeland, You buy I'll drive her back for ya. I'll take you along for ballast if you like. Might take a while she only cruises around 11 knots so it might take a few months to get back so now might the time to go get her. While the weather's still good Lad.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Just researched your FPB-97 there Stormy. Nice fuckin rig. I'm sure you just happened to pull that one out of your ass by natural selection or something? They put alot of research into that puppy, fin stabilizers will help, John Deer mains? Hmmm? OK, bow keel design similar to sailing vessel. A well thought out space plan, clean design. There's one for sale in New Zeland, You buy I'll drive her back for ya. I'll take you along for ballast if you like. Might take a while she only cruises around 11 knots so it might take a few months to get back so now might the time to go get her. While the weather's still good Lad.
    They're built in New Zealand. The first FPB-97 is still being built. Personally, I think the FPB-78 is a better design (for us). Worth the money, but it is a lot of it.

The designer has a long history of coming up with great long range designs, originally in sail. He and his family have also cruised the world, and written how-to books. His basic design strategy is long and skinny, for efficiency. I sailed (briefly) on a Deerfoot sailboat, and they are long, skinny, and fairly quick for a boat that size. We even thought about buying one, but we're getting a bit old to manage big sails, and the Dashews have some numbers that show their FPB's cost about as much to operate as a sailboat, once you figure in replacement costs of sails and rigging. And with the range they have, strategic fuel purchasing (filling up where/when it is inexpensive) is possible

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    A young man from Wayne county Ohio shows that a country boy can survive.
    Oh and the wife and I will be going to check out the Wayne County fair here soon as it's better than the big city ones.
    Be thinking of you Stormy as we peruse through the fair grounds.
    I sure miss those fair fries and demolition derbies!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    I sure miss those fair fries and demolition derbies!
    Yep; fair fries and deep fried veggies.