Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
Well, yesterday we went to what I know as a trout honey hole, about 12 of them holding up beside a log in a deeper, wider part of Glade Creek... They had just been released Monday (This was Tuesday) and the stubbern things would NOT take anything we threw at it... Corn, night crawler, Powerbait... She was disappointed, BUT knew from previous experience... sometimes going fishing doesnt mean catching a fish.

She has been through a lot in her short years... this lesson in patience is really starting to sink in and I am so thankful that we have the time together. I know in my heart at some point, our time together will be difficult to achieve so I have got to maximize what little I have left. Life is short, and I have soooo much I want to teach her, as far as skills and lessons about LIFE in general. Fishing has been a great gateway to other things yet to be learned...

EB

- - - Updated - - -

A side note to shtfready folks, I open up a bit more here... than I do any other forum because I feel most here are more like family & friends. Thanks for your kind words.

EB

BEWARE of necro-posting!!!

come down here EB. plenty of fish to be caught! you and her have a standing invite. a buddy's private pond is ready and waiting for her. bluegill,sunfish,bass,crappie. all wall hangers.

yeah, i feel the 'most' comfortable here as well. all good people, except that Scroggins.