Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Side of Life

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    ^IDTANDY, that's good. And I'll mention that Bob Keeshan played in both of the children's shows we alluded to- Captain Kangaroo and Howdy Doody.

He was in the Marine Corps. When he got out he worked at NBC where he portrayed Clarabelle the Clown on Howdy Doody. In 1955, he created Captain Kangaroo, where he taught us tykes of the '50s manners and deportment in a gentle way. He won 6 Emmys, 3 Peabodys and was elected to the Clown Hall of Fame. He died in 2004 in Vermont. All of this courtesy of the IMDb.

I miss him and Hugh Brannum (Mister Green Jeans).
    Was my favorite show.

A laugh a minute
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I watched Captin Kangaroo most every day growing up. Mighty mouse was one of my favorite cartoons, along with Bugs Bunny.

Don't forget underdog

I'll most likely shit myself

And George of the Jungle.

A laugh a minute
    My bed has gone from quietly calling my name to counting to three..not sure what it's gonna do when it gets to three, but I don't think I want to find out.

15 hrs is to long and we have to do that for the next 2 weeks, ugh.

For the Love of Cats

Bernie Goldberg is out to dinner with his wife to celebrate
    her fortieth birthday.

He asks her, "So what would you like for your birthday, Julie? A Jaguar? A
    sable coat? A diamond necklace?".

She replies: "Bernie, I want a Divorce."

He says: "I wasn't planning on spending That much."

For the Love of Cats

A woman visited a psychic of some local repute. In a dark and gloomy room, gazing at the Tarot cards laid out before her, the Tarot reader delivered the bad news: "There is no easy way to say this so I'll just be blunt: Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent death this year."

Visibly shaken, the woman stared at the psychic's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands. She took a few deep breaths to compose herself. She simply had to know.

She met the Tarot reader's gaze, steadied her voice and asked: "Will I get away with it? ? "

An Irish man walks into a pub & the bartender asks him what he wants to drink.
    The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please."
    So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more.
    The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold but you don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye out and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."
    The man thanks the bartender and says, "Thank you for your concern but that isn't why I order three at a time. You see, I have two brothers, one is in Australia and one is in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together. The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition.
    Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more.
    The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just liketo say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died." The man said, "Oh, my brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."

Watch one, Do one, Teach one
    The IRS decides to audit Grandpa

The IRS decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to the IRS office. The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his attorney The auditor said, 'Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I'm not sure the IRS finds that believable.'

I'm a great gambler, and I can prove it,' says Grandpa. 'How about a demonstration?'

The auditor thinks for a moment and said, 'Okay. Go ahead.'

Grandpa says, 'I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.'

The auditor thinks a moment and says, 'It's a bet.'

Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor's jaw drops.

Grandpa says, 'Now, I'll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye.'

Now the auditor can tell Grandpa isn't blind, so he takes the bet.

Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye.

The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa's attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.

'Want to go double or nothing?' Grandpa asks 'I'll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.'

The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there's no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again.

Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he strains mightily, he can't make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor's desk.

The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win.

But Grandpa's own attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.

'Are you okay?' the auditor asks.

'Not really,' says the attorney. 'This morning, when Grandpa told me he'd been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and piss all
    over your desk and that you'd be happy about it!'

Don't Mess with Old People!!

I'll most likely shit myself

That a good one ID. I need to try that with my boss.

A laugh a minute
    A man came home from work and found his 3 children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn around garden, The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and no sign of the dog, walking in the door, he found ...an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, the throw rug was against one wall, In the front room the TV was on loudly with the cartoon channel, the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel... She looked up at him, smiled and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?.. ''Yes," was his incredulous reply.. She answered,. 'Well, today I didn't do it.