Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

I'll most likely shit myself

My knives are all under $100. My Beckers are the highest cost I can think of and they were under $70. I have several I rarely use because they just don't feel as good under use as I thought they would. Most of the rest, other than my work EDC, I rotate around kinda regular. I don't carry sheath knives very often. May be something I should think about doing, kinda like carrying a pistol. Get a better feel for the weight and how they handle.

finally pooped
    I worry about carrying a fixed blade. almost all of mine are vertical sheath style and are rather obvious. I can just see somebody freaking out about it in public.

I'll most likely shit myself

Unless I'm in the woods or outside working I. Ant recall the last time I had a fixed blade on in Public. I do see folks carrying fixed blades at times though. It just don't seem very grey to me.

For the Love of Cats

during hunting season I add one fixed blade or another to my belt and it stays there for the duration. With my camo jacket and hat, no one has ever given me grief. Not even if it is my moose knife.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

My every day knife is a kershaw assist opening. I love it, I think it cost less than 40 bucks.

Here is my do everything knife. It is thick and strong as hell. A friend made it for me.

Here is my favorite skinner.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    The 3 items I feel I could depend on to save my life if needed that I feel in my heart are 100% dependable are my Glock 26, as it is small, concealable, and dependable, the Randall Made knife I inherited from my father, who carried it strapped to his leg on every B-52 flight he ever made while defending his country against the Russian menace, and my reading glasses, as I can't see a damn thing without them. Without them, everything else is pointless.

For the Love of Cats

I hope you have more than a few pairs of glasses for backups then... like a bunch!

Helo, that's a gorgeous little skinner! I like that a lot!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

A new 1 man tent, a new army surplus backpack, and a used .38 revolver as a backup.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    A .38 may not be today's most sought after weapon, but Ill be dammed if I want to get shot by one! If the pistol can handle it, run +P ammo.

At least you didnt buy a .22 for self defense!!!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

.38... .22... .380... .32... All these guns have been used for self defence for many years, by everyone. If I had a choice, I would rather not be shot with anything, but if I'm the one shooting, I would rather be shooting a .22 than swinging a stick, or poking with a blade.

I do see the attributes of 9mm, 40, 44, 45, 357, 500, 700 nitro, etc.... but even a simple .22 is better than nothing... and I seem to recall reading somewhere the weapon of choice by assassins for close quarters wet work.

Caliber be damned, I would much rather face an opponent with a .50 desert eagle, that is shaking and not comfortable with it, than a grizzled old fucker with a .22 that points unwaveringly at my left eye.

imo