Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crotch Rocket

Best 3 Pieces of gear you've acquired, and why?

Mine are:

My Maxpedition S-type Versipack for every reason I listed in the linked thread, and now the fact that it'll sit lower than a standard pack while I'm riding.

My Morris File Belter. I can't say enough good about Mike's knives. It holds, keeps, and takes an edge well. The high carbon steel throws a ton of sparks for fire building. Its pocket sized if I have to dress "up" and can't have it visible on my belt, which is still a low profile option anyway with its horizontal presentation.

The Surefire E2D. I've handed it to guards at security checkpoints with nary an eyebrow raised. Its bright, light-weight, and capable of knocking an assailant for a loop if you need. Best of all, its billed as a "last ditch impact weapon" by Surefire themselves, so there's no chance of them testifying against you if you use it as such.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member

My game cart, PTR-91, and Remington custom 11-87 shotgun.

Followed closely by my camping gear set, primarily the Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 tent and Slumberjack sleep system, and Kifaru packs.

I'll most likely shit myself

Vasque sundowner hiking boots.
    Marmont -5 sleeping bag w/gore tex shell
    Pur hiker water purifier

danner boots
    SOG tomahawk
    Katadyne water filter

all 3 items give me a warm fuzzy feeling

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Tent, camelback, bob.

NVG....totally a work deduction!

I'm going to second the maxpedition versipack S, it is my every day carry.

My second choice is also easy, Glock 19.

Third choice is somewhat more difficult, but I think I will go with Leatherman surge.

Quote Originally Posted by cwconnertx View Post
    I'm going to second the maxpedition versipack S, it is my every day carry.

My second choice is also easy, Glock 19.

Third choice is somewhat more difficult, but I think I will go with Leatherman surge.
    So to review almost two years later, as much as I loved the versipack, I wanted to carry a little more and ended up switching to the kodiak gearslinger, also s type, and love it just as much, but its a little easier to carry a little more weight.

I have a lot of things that I've used a lot more lately, so it is harder to say which items are my favorites, but the glock 19 and surge are still go to items.

Crotch Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by cwconnertx View Post
    So to review almost two years later, as much as I loved the versipack, I wanted to carry a little more and ended up switching to the kodiak gearslinger, also s type, and love it just as much, but its a little easier to carry a little more weight.

I have a lot of things that I've used a lot more lately, so it is harder to say which items are my favorites, but the glock 19 and surge are still go to items.
    I've set mine to the side as well. Not for something bigger, but because I was able to transfer most of its components, their equivalents, or substitutes to my pockets, and I dont ever forget those at home. Not to mention the fact it was getting cumbersome carrying it and my school bag everywhere I was going. As much as I love the versipack I'd really like something with better integration capabilities.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I've set mine to the side as well. Not for something bigger, but because I was able to transfer most of its components, their equivalents, or substitutes to my pockets, and I dont ever forget those at home. Not to mention the fact it was getting cumbersome carrying it and my school bag everywhere I was going. As much as I love the versipack I'd really like something with better integration capabilities.
    Mine was my school/work bag, I suppose that is why I needed something larger. Although I have streamlined some gear, my tablet replaced my laptop, and my newest tablet and phone use the same charger now.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I am not going to list any item I paid for (its easy to say how important something is if you bought it) I am going to list three things that I received for free.....I was given---

Blastmatch (gift from kids, awesome)
    Wal-mart hand saw (came with a purchase at a flea market)
    Gerber Suspension Multi-tool (gift from misses-done deal)
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.