Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Physical Fitness

finally pooped
    Huge step toward being prepared for almost anything. Add nicotine withdrawal to any disaster setting and it makes it even worse. We go out for a month or 2 at a time on the boat and if the guys who smoke don't bring enough to last between port calls they are ready to kill their own mother to get one by day 2.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Awesome job mitunnelrat. I quit smoking December 1st 2010, and gave up sodas (coke) a year ago January. It gets easier, and it is well worth it.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

About 20 years ago I dropped 41 pounds. I started most of it just following the Atkins diet (low carb). After a few months I began riding my bicycle a bit more. I was doing well at keeping it off, joined a gym and was in very good shape. My diet was no longer low carb, I just ate sensible amounts. About 9 years ago I was injured with concussion and as an after event, stopped going to the gym or doing much other physical work. I started putting some of the pounds back on but not real fast, it happened slowly. A little over 6 years ago I had a battle of sciatica that was so bad it kept me from being able to walk at all. At first it was diagnosed as a muscle spasm and the doctors were giving me muscle relaxers and trying to get me into physical therapy. The therapist did not understand why I was sent to her as I could do nothing. After about 6 weeks it was properly diagnosed but then I was hospitalized for blood clots that had developed due to my inactivity. I had them in my leg and both lungs. By percentage, I should have died, but God was not ready for me yet. However, all thoughts of eating correctly and exercising were gone. I was back in the bad eating habits and began to put the pounds on. When I tipped the scale at 202, I decided it was time to get back in some decent shape.

I cut down on my portions and though not following the Atkins or Zone highly carb-restrictive diets I have gotten my fat gut down. My energy level is back and I am thinking about getting back to a gym. My goal is to be back to 175 by Sept. 1. At least if I have to hoof it home from work, I am pretty sure I can cover the 43 miles in a few days. Yes, I have enough in my GHB to sustain me.

Crotch Rocket

I have "fond" memories of lengthy field exercises and no smokes. Bribery. Coercion. Price gouging. The works.

Helo, I've quit for well over a year before on the smokes, just under that on soda before. Knowing it gets easier is a plus. Whats killed it for me in my last few attempts is thinking I can drink without one. Um. Nope. Just call me Mr. Clean for a bit I suppose.

What I really need to watch right now though is food. I have been the king of convenience foods and boredom bingeing. Another week or so and I should have a solid base down though.

Socal, awesome! Congrats
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I won't drink around someone that is smoking even 5 years after I quit. I think I would give in if I was drunk.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson