Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

Crotch Rocket

Here we go. Rather than try to explain it I'll just take you straight to the source.
    http://www.recoilweb.com/preview-pt-...ass-32925.html
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I've been doing the USPS Letter Carrier workout....I do a lot of walking routes, carrying that satchel of mail for several hours, 6 days a week. Stairs. Suck. A. Lot. But, it's a good workout. Scary good. Like, in the projects of Nashville last week, an old guy on a power chair followed me down two streets, making appalling/hilarious comments. Apparently I now have a "ghetto booty". Yikes. I look at it as being paid to work out, lol.
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Crotch Rocket

I miss that kind of work sometimes, but I think I like the balance I can reach at this job much better.

I started my little program tonight. At first I thought I bit off more than I can chew, and I might have, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow. For now I think I underestimated how much my legs would be working through the entire circuit, and on top of that I forgot my jump rope so I subbed it with two minutes on a mini stair climber instead.

I did that just fine, and finished for time with 35 squats and 32 crunches. I lost it on the back extensions. I only finished 18 good ones and had to quit before the two minutes was up. The push ups and inverted rows are pending. I'll do them at 0100 and think I may call that good for the night. This was ugly tonight. I haven't had to fight the urge to puke from over-exertion in a very long time, and never when "lifting."
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member
    I work out, I am not happy with my fitness. I have serious back problems, trying to work out and preserve my back is tuff. I mentioned once before, having a BOB and being to pack it a distance is something of consideration. My work is pretty simple, push ups, planks, set ups, pull ups, cardio is walking fast with my ruck sack on most times, distance varies. I live in the country, my ruck marches include a rifle or shotgun, it's habit.

Helomech, I use fitness PAL as well... It's not magic, but seeing the numbers puts things into perspective. By using it (and thereby practicing portion control) I have lost 20 healthy lbs in a matter of two months. It seems like a drastic amount but to me it is just reflective of how much extra weight I was carrying that had no reason to be their. This was without exercise. I have plateaued now though, so moderate activity to keep my gains (or more accurately losses) moving in the right direction will begin. Simple hour long treks with my backpack and my dog in tow to begin with, gradually increasing.

Throughout the summer I do a lot of canoeing and demanding yard work so that also helps me until it's time to fatten up for the harsh winters lol. And yes!!!!! Drop that soda from your intake and you notice results immediately

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Survival View Post
    Helomech, I use fitness PAL as well... It's not magic, but seeing the numbers puts things into perspective. By using it (and thereby practicing portion control) I have lost 20 healthy lbs in a matter of two months. It seems like a drastic amount but to me it is just reflective of how much extra weight I was carrying that had no reason to be their. This was without exercise. I have plateaued now though, so moderate activity to keep my gains (or more accurately losses) moving in the right direction will begin. Simple hour long treks with my backpack and my dog in tow to begin with, gradually increasing.

Throughout the summer I do a lot of canoeing and demanding yard work so that also helps me until it's time to fatten up for the harsh winters lol. And yes!!!!! Drop that soda from your intake and you notice results immediately
    I set it up to loose 1 lb a week, and I ended up loosing 25 lbs in less than 4 months. Last week I changed my goals on My fitness pal to maintain my weight. I want to loose more fat, but since I am building muscle I should be able to maintain my weight while adding muscle. I am having a hard time meeting my calorie goal with my workouts. Today I burned 1600 calories in my workout, so today I have to eat almost 4k calories to break even. Not going to make that goal today.

Cokes have been gone since the superbowl, and I don't plan on ever drinking sodas again, except on very few occasions.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

I just signed up for it since I saw it here again. I can already see where it would be a huge help. Thanks for talking about it guys, or I'd have totally forgotten to check it out.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

It is a big help. You don't have to give up anything. Just have to eat things in moderation and this help with that. Also the more you work out the more you can eat. So if you want to pig out, hit it hard.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by LUNCHBOX View Post
    I know Kodiak personally and have been doing the calorie thing myself. It does work with very little exercise, although, I am looking forward to it warming up due to having so many outside projects coming up. (I will post some pics very soon in other threads)--I will be using Kodiak this summer like he is my very own stepchild--lol.
    He should be able to cut his calories in half just by the amount of food you steal from his lunchbox....you didn't get that name by accident buddy!
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

If some of you aren't having results with the diet you are on try the Atkins Diet. I have known several people who have done it and had great results. Much better than South Beach. Try to remember that if you are 60 lbs overweight you will not have the energy to work out like the ones with less weight to lose. Maybe trying to work on the actual diet first and then the toning/bulking up part would give better results and a mental attitude to succeed. Trying to kick it in high gear physically from the beginning leads to mental drain and failure (quitting) and injuries, as we can see several of you have right now. Light workout and diet in the beginning is key with severe overweight issues. And as others have said..eating 5-6 small meals is better for you, when you eat the conditioned way your body goes into starvation mode and uses muscle for energy and saves the fat for reserves.
    Last edited by ladyhk13; 04-28-2014 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Fubar wording
    I apologize for nothing...