Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Been eating right and working out, lost 14 pounds in two weeks. Went to a trainer and he put me on a meal plan, i eat every 3 hours for a total of 6 meals a day, roughly 2400 calories and 295 grams of protein. With a little structure and discipline im feeling good about reaching my goal to lose 50 pounds this year.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    If some of you aren't having results with the diet you are on try the Atkins Diet. I have known several people who have done it and had great results. Much better than South Beach. Try to remember that if you are 60 lbs overweight you will not have the energy to work out that one one with les weight to lose. Maybe tying to work on the actual diet first and then the toning/bulking up part would give you better results and a mental attitude to succeed. Trying to kick it in high gear physically from the beginning leads to mental drain and failure (quitting) and injuries, as we can see several of you have right now. Light workout and diet in the beginning is key with severe overweight issues. And as others have said..eating 5-6 small meals is better for you, when you eat the conditioned way your body goes into traction mode and uses muscle for energy and saves the fat for reserves.
    My wife has been on atkins diet for a while now, she is down over 40lbs, and loves it. Don't let the people that don't know crap about it tell you it is not safe.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member
    I lost weight on my deployments, I called it the Iraqi diet plan. There weren't very many MREs I could eat,
    we had some guy's that would eat 3-4 MREs a day, they put on the pounds!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by greg48 View Post
    I lost weight on my deployments, I called it the Iraqi diet plan. There weren't very many MREs I could eat,
    we had some guy's that would eat 3-4 MREs a day, they put on the pounds!
    They are like 3000 calories each? No wonder. Also they are geared to the male metabolism but the women have to eat them too, that's one reason why we have so many overweight gals in the service now.
    I apologize for nothing...

Crotch Rocket

If some of you aren't having results with the diet you are on try the Atkins Diet. I have known several people who have done it and had great results. Much better than South Beach. Try to remember that if you are 60 lbs overweight you will not have the energy to work out like the ones with less weight to lose. Maybe trying to work on the actual diet first and then the toning/bulking up part would give better results and a mental attitude to succeed. Trying to kick it in high gear physically from the beginning leads to mental drain and failure (quitting) and injuries, as we can see several of you have right now. Light workout and diet in the beginning is key with severe overweight issues. And as others have said..eating 5-6 small meals is better for you, when you eat the conditioned way your body goes into starvation mode and uses muscle for energy and saves the fat for reserves.
    This is exactly why I scaled my calisthenics routine back. I got enough negative feedback from various body parts to know I was hitting it too hard to start. I have to remember I'm not 19 anymore. In some ways this is more intensive than a PT test was then. I'm heavier, and more importantly imo, my conditioning is terrible. I can't do what I could, it will take more of a toll, and recovery is going to take longer. Like it or not.

About the only thing you surprised me with in this post was the recommendation to diet before increasing activity levels, but then you expanded and said light exercise and diet as a combo, so I'm pretty sure we're on the same page there. I've read and observed for myself that our bodies will adapt to whatever we do and change to achieve those tasks as effieciently as possible. Hence my ass gets soft and spreads across a seat, and 4such tones, builds muscle, and firms up, as a local so colorfully told her.

Ok, that was half tongue in cheek, but the principle holds. Its why body builders don't run marathons, and runners don't lift heavy. They're conditioning just isn't optimized for it. Anyway, its my understanding dieting alone will work for a bit, but our bodies will adapt to that as well and, while I'd be lighter, I'd still be weak, lacking the conditioning to function like I need to. Since I need both to achieve my goals I feel like it just makes sense to capitalize on the fat burning properties of a revved up metabolism right from the start.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Been working on losing more weight, its slowly shedding off, cant wait til I hit my target weight! Been using the MyFitnessPal app that everyone is talking about, it works great!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

They are like 3000 calories each? No wonder. Also they are geared to the male metabolism but the women have to eat them too, that's one reason why we have so many overweight gals in the service now.

The standard MRE's are not really 3k calories. That's been a myth for a long time now. Just look at the nutrition label on them. they are normally in the 1200- 1500 cal range once you add everything up. And most folks dont eat EVERYTHING from the meal. They help pack on pounds because they are LOADED with carbs.

LRRP MRE's..........thats another story.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    The standard MRE's are not really 3k calories. That's been a myth for a long time now. Just look at the nutrition label on them. they are normally in the 1200- 1500 cal range once you add everything up. And most folks dont eat EVERYTHING from the meal. They help pack on pounds because they are LOADED with carbs.

LRRP MRE's..........thats another story.
    I know someone here who would eat everything in them and 3 meals a day

Bacon saver

I'm guessing she would be referencing me?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    I'm guessing she would be referencing me?
    Actually thinking about our adopted kid here! You know he will eat anything put in front of him