Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    I'm glad you clarified. Meat patties were not the "nuggets" I thought you were talking about at first, considering the emphasis of his post.
    Pork "fecal nuggets" were more effective than the beef over there.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Crotch Rocket

I was right at first then! What a relief knowing it isn't just because I ain't right in the head.

ETA: I was weak on the non-smoking effort, but I'm not going to sweat it. All that moment did is reaffirm my resolve and reset the clock. 7 hours and counting now.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

You sound like someone else I know. But the best tasting cigarette will be the one after the SHTF when all the packs are gone and then you find the "one cigarette" for those of you that know what I mean about that "one cigarette" after all that shit...........good luck by the way.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Did a 18 mile ruck Sunday, heading out for a bike ride here in a few minutes, nothing crazy, like 3-4 miles.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

I figured out this weekend I won't be able to quit smoking if I don't quit drinking. As much as I like my beer I don't have a dependence issue there, so my liver and lungs have been thanking me profusely since Sunday.

My kidneys are still bitching at me though, so I finished my last bit of Pepsi last night and switched to caffeine supplements to wean myself off all the excess sugar, caffeine, and empty calories. No way in hell am I dropping this cold turkey at the same time as nicotine, but I no longer have any desire to continue treating my body like an amusement park.

The calisthenics program seems to be progressing as well. I'm still favoring a balanced approach, so at various times through the night I've made sure to get in at least two sets of 10 push ups, inverted rows, crunches, back extensions, and air squats. The jump rope was in sets of 100 and I did that every hour until it started raining. 600 total. Oh, and I threw in a set of desk dips for shits and giggles.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 05-20-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: auto correct sucks
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    great job MTR! Im doing the same thing, slow runs each day, not over-taxing the knees, bicycle rides in the evening, slowing down on the smoking. . .cant seem to break that 24 hur window though. . . which really sucks. All soda has been cut out of the diet as well. Wasnt so hard to do that.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Crotch Rocket

The soda itself isn't so bad, I won't miss it. Caffeine withdrawal is terrible though, and people may laugh, but it's my most serious addiction. It hits the same pleasure receptors in a close manner to heroin, so that unfortunately makes sense.

This is the year of getting shit done though, so I will slay this demon again as well. Good luck on the smoking.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

4 years ago I gave up smoking (3 packs a day). About 6 months ago stopped eating processed foods, gave up cokes (drinking almost a 12 pack a day), started eating more good stuff, and cut out all sweets. Started working out at the end of November. I was ready to give it all up and none of it was that hard. It was the other times I tried to quit it was very hard, but not this time.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Great Job prosessed food is so liaded with suger and Big corp famous names are loaded GMOs. THEY put sugar in all ..Sugur in any forms is bad.. and Diet etc... is even worse
    Water Water Water is the best I use Berky filters / fluoride and carbon. .or just drink distilled ... when you get all the junk stopped do a liver cleansing you will be suprised how good you feel when you get the trash out of your body
    And dont feel like a cheater when you slip up by eating something bad
    We have a what we call terrible Friday ..pick one thing you so badly crave on that day..then back to correct diet..
    Then you will see the difference ..cause you will be bloated up again and feeling sick..you will feel the difference in your health..

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

We drink well water at home with no filters, but when I am at work I am stuck with bottled water.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson