Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical Fitness

Staff

The south beach diet is essentially a 3 part diet,the beginning is removing all starches and sugars from the intake.This last from 14 to 21 days,depending on the person,then the slow reintroduction of assorted fruits,vegatables meats etc. for the second week.wk 3 is maint. and excercise. buy the book,it is worth it and it works if you stay on it. One of the things that helps me disperse my 325# I guess is being 6'5".

I'll most likely shit myself

I guess I like good food tooooo much. Wife is a great cook, who tries to keep me losing wieght. I'm 6-4 280 and really need to drop at least 60lbs. I just don't find the time to exercise. I do work around the property a lot. Just not near enough to stay in shape.
    I used to work on a farm and backpack 1-3 times a month and stayed in good shape mostly. I need to find time to get back to long distance hiking/backpacking again. I doesn't bore the crap out of me and it did seem to work for cardio and to keep the weight down.

Crotch Rocket

I'm getting back at it more hardcore again because I'm gaining some support and motivation to work law enforcement. Would there be any interest in a "Biggest Loser" thread do you think? Weekly check-ins and accountability, with reports on what exercise and diet was followed, how well it worked (or didn't). Perhaps even the first contest? I'd be willing to throw up a Subway gift card on this, amount tbd... We could open an entry period for a week or two, and run it for 90 days after that.

There's a lot of spin off's we could do on this too. Biggest strength gains, most improved cardio, etc...
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Premium Member

i hate working out

i hate running

I do a half hour of weight severy day and usually run about 7 miles
    i also do the p-90x pretty often

naturally i'm a small fat guy, gotta fight my genes hard

Premium Member

I need whatever damn help I can get...

I went from 302 in '05 (got divorced in '06) down to 218 by early 2007. Found wife #2 and got married, I'm now back up to 290. I hate it. It's uncomfortable and I feel horribly. My body comp has changed from the first weight loss, so I don't think I need to get all the way to 218, but I'd like to get under 240 and see how I feel then.

I cut the gym out of my expenses when I lost my really good job last June and haven't been able to pay for another one.

Crotch Rocket

I just upped the ante on myself too. I have until the end of July to condition myself for a warrior dash taking place in MI. The linked video will run you right through exactly what that is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98anHWWEd7A&NR=1

Its extreme, and I'm really going to have to push myself at this point, but having a set goal within a relatively short length of time is exactly how I need to work it. Otherwise, my motivation usually flags and I fall back into hibernation mode. Unlike a bear though, I get fat when I do that.
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 03-09-2011 at 03:40 AM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

You're a brave man. I need set the flags back myself. I feel like I sunk in a routine and I am having a hard time shaking it out.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I need your help boys and girls. I was in a regular routine of working out every morning. Then I had to go back to Ohio for a week for work and spent three days with one of my new guys this week. Already out of the routine and feeling the progress I made slipping away.

Hold me accountable.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

The source of all known trouble in the universe

You don't want me to help you there. I am no good in that field at this time.

Crotch Rocket

I'm looking at another component of physical fitness right now: diet. Specifically, the paleo diet. I'm going to give it a try for at least 30 days, and I'll update with my progress as I go along.

All major dietary components are covered- (i.e. vitamins, fats, protein, fats, carbohydrates, antioxidants and phytosterols etc). This is for the simple reason that it is the only diet that is coded for in our genes- it contains only those foods that were "on the table" during our long evolution, and discards those which were not. Have you ever wondered why almost everybody feels the need to take vitamin supplementsat times, or why so many people feel the need to "detoxify" their system? There are very real reasons for this that you will soon understand.
    INTRODUCTION TO THE PALEOLITHIC DIET

This could get interesting if its as effective as my friend promises. In some prep circles I could even be labeled a heretic for spurning grains, lol...
    Last edited by mitunnelrat; 03-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!