Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EMT Training

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Congrats. I was told if you have over 80% through our class then the test should not be too bad. One of our guys yesterday posted he only had 69 questions which is great. For those that are not aware of how they test. The fewer questions you are given and answer correctly the better. The most questions you can get on this test is 150. I will be taking mine next week. Good luck I will let you know how it is. If you are going to study make sure you go over the child birth section and its complications.
    IIRC they changed the test recently because my buddy who took the test had 3 questions on child birth. lol...

is that 150 questions to pass the exam? or in total?
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    2 tests and 2 quizzes later, I am left with 3 100's and a 91... So apparently studying does pay off! looking for all A's and so far its working!

Lots of work though, not as hard as i was expecting... just straight up hours of homework, studying, and research...
    Im going thru the same thing right now with my Homeland security degree Im working on in Law enforcement, not really hard to do, but takes lots and lots of studying.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Update, I'll be delaying my fire academy plans so i can be better prepared for the test...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

yikes... Today I had a call that, as they say, went south quickly... First Cardiac Arrest... and boy was it an interesting one...

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Sounds like a rough day, just remember to detach at the end of the day. A local VFD buddy just had his worse call ever, Vehicle accident with 2 DOA little kids. Spent the better half of the day talking him thru it. Hes actually sleeping in the next room right now since he didnt want to go home.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Twitchy, it's nice to read through this thread as I remember having a similar one on a gun forum a few years ago. I see you showing the same excitement I did.

2 years as an EMT in a busy 911 system and 4 months left of Medic class for me.

It truly is the best job!

In his experience the hammer head is better

Sorry to hear you had a rough call man. Best way I have learned to handle these things (for me) is to talk it out with friends, preferably who are in the ems field. People who arent in the field may not understand. I also listen to music alot.

What you need to remember the most while on these runs is that its not your emergency, your doing the very best you can and you cannot save everyone. Hell you are always going to loose more than you save and that can wear on you. However the first time you save the near baby drowning, or shock someone back to life it becomes worth every dead body, lost patient, and messed up thing we see. Its a rough career but its the greatest job on earth.

If you need anything give me a holler to talk.

Ditchmedic congrats on Medic class!
    "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson
    "It's less dangerous, to run across a wild animal than a stranger." Vasily Peskov

Quote Originally Posted by apssbc View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a rough call man. Best way I have learned to handle these things (for me) is to talk it out with friends, preferably who are in the ems field. People who arent in the field may not understand. I also listen to music alot.

What you need to remember the most while on these runs is that its not your emergency, your doing the very best you can and you cannot save everyone. Hell you are always going to loose more than you save and that can wear on you. However the first time you save the near baby drowning, or shock someone back to life it becomes worth every dead body, lost patient, and messed up thing we see. Its a rough career but its the greatest job on earth.

If you need anything give me a holler to talk.

Ditchmedic congrats on Medic class!
    Thanks man! I appreciate that! There is nothing more true than talking it out, it really does help... 2 of my classmates not only had an ROSC the same day, but the guy was talking less than 60 minutes after they brought him to the ER... simple miracle for the guy...

The training continues... I'll be entering Paramedic School, and the associated Associates Degree program in January 2014, provided everything goes as planned!!!

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad to hear Twitchy. Sounds like things are going well for you.