Page 157 of 389 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Got 450 rounds of .45acp and 100 rounds of 12ga birdshot. Bought a 50 gallon rain/water barrel to put under a downspout and picked up a marlin model 60 for $25 from a guy at work, needs cleaned but it looks to be in good shape.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Got 450 rounds of .45acp and 100 rounds of 12ga birdshot.
    where the hell did you find that?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

prepguide
    Yeah what he said ^ !

40, 9, 45 and shotgun shells are a plenty at all the wally worlds around here. Along with 3006 and the like.

Only 22 LR and 223 are not to be found.

Jimmy

Premium Member
    Just ordered "Preparedness: The Basics & Beyond" and "A Guide to Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking Meat, Fish & Game" from Amazon.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

I got bumped to a "crappier" schedule that was actually a blessing in disguise. Thanks to a little time with a monthly planner I found I'll have more and better opportunities to hunt, fish, exercise, shoot, self-educate, and take classes. All I've got to do is sleep 6 daylight hours of the morning, and I'll have afternoons and overnights available as my schedule rotates. I was dumbfounded to find how well that fits my goals.

Plus, I'll get more $ each week, somewhere between $6 and $10 depending on that weeks rotation... That didn't sound like much, but I realized its enough for one more case of beer or bottle of liquor each month, so I won't complain. I'll be feeling too good to want to
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

So far this month has been very productive for me. I really haven't been able to do much of anything since hitting my head, but the migraines are finally letting up a little.

I PAID OFF MY CREDIT CARDS!!!! Yay me!

Also paid off a good chunk of the person loans, and the balance should be paid off with our tax refund or sooner. Booked and paid for a much needed small vacation for us, which will probably be the last one for a while. Traded old golf clubs for a chain saw. Need to learn how to use a chain saw now. Traded some unwanted fine china for a Mosin and some ammo. Sold several things. Not much money but it left some room in the basement, which was promptly filled with a ping pong table. I think we still need more non-powered activities, though. I was able to add a little to our emergency fund. Figured out how to fix a few more things on the motorcycle and moped. Set money aside to fix our chimney, which was quite a learning experience in itself.

prepguide
    MS that is most impressive. Congrats on all the progress, that is serious work.

prepguide
    So my weekend was pretty full, even for me. Thursday night went over to Oklahoma City to help with a presentation for a large group I consult with over there.

On Friday did an interview for a national radio show then I went over to NW Arkansas to look a retreat property a group had put together and I must say I was pretty impressed overall. I now know what 1.5 million dollars will buy in regards to preps, yikes, numerous wells, a home built water tower, multiple bunkhouses with furnished rooms, years of stored food and much, much more. As a prep consultant I have to say that is the most complete location I've ever seen.

On Saturday I had a meeting with the other members of the regional team (three state area) I am currently Team Leader of. We have the first of our two annual campouts coming up and so we were discussing that. Talked about dues, recruiting etc.

On Sunday it was the meeting of the local prepper group (different from the regional team) and it was I feel the most productive meeting overall we've ever had. Got a great deal of admin work done, discussed recruiting, training and more.

So overall this weekend got a great many things accomplished but boy howdy I'm tired lol.
    And I have eight weeks to get my second book finished so we have time to get it properly edited and formatted and to the printers to have it ready to go in time for the big Self Reliance Expo in Arlington TX the 26/27 of April soooo no pressure LOL. Must type faster, must type faster...
    Last edited by prepguide; 01-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Administrator

What have you done to prep this week?

Purchased two shemagh for 18 bucks shipped.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.