Page 158 of 389 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Hubby and I worked on the pole barn this weekend. Progress has been frustratingly slow, simply due to days on end of rain. But finally this weekend it was sunny, and we made a lot of progress. However, I have determined that my cold tolerance has all but evaporated. Or perhaps, since I now live in the South, I should say it has melted. I was freezing my butt off out there, and that sheet metal doesn't do much for warmth. It was in the 40's here. And -37 at my parents farm. Good grief, I would never make it through another winter up North again! I am such a wuss.....
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

Crotch Rocket

Just made some good use of overtime I've worked to order and (I think) finish gathering the tooling I need for reloading. I'll get a post up on the setup once I have everything together.

I also - finally, lol - got 'hawk and bfk trainers. I'm thinking to get a training DVD after next pay day.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

We finished one side of the pole barn today, and put the horses back in that pasture section. We are expecting some freezing rain here tonight and tomorrow, so hopefully they enjoy the shelter .

If you haven't noticed, I count generally any and all improvements done to the farm as "prepping".
    "Treason to tyranny is fidelity to liberty."

prepguide
    Local grocery store has Red Gold canned tomato products on sale. Normally each can is .75 but if you buy ten they are .25 apiece! Bought twenty cans of various tomato products and spent less than $6 ! Woo hoo. Also picked up some TP, canned veggies and another pair of 1 lb. propane bottles. Also been working on the book and a down and back one day trip to Ft. Worth with a client so getting plenty done but always more to do (groan LOL).

Walking on Sunshine

Vac-packed the packages variety of pasta noodles I got on sale (cheap). Received my order of FD veggies, fruit for LTS.

Re: What have you done to prep this week?

Sunday: Managed to locate two NIB 10 round rotary mags for the 10/22.

Tuesday: Received my King Kooker single burner stove. (now the gf has no excuse to bust out that fancy pressure cooker I got her for xmas. Hope to be cooking up some fruit preserves this weekend!)

Wednesday: Bought a used, in good condition, Ruger MKII Target. It came with two mags & a soft case. I wont say what i paid for it, but gunbroker had several of em listed for twice (or more) than what i paid. After reading multiple reviews about owners putting 100's of thousands of rounds through theirs without failure, I'm super stoked. It's making a trip to my gunsmith today to be thoroughly checked out then its off to the range to kill some paper!

Thursday: Secured a 20lb propane tank to run the King Kooker.

This guy has "some" flashlights. Just a couple. As in, a metric-butt ton of em.

Sent a .223 Bolt Gun out to have barrel threaded.

Installed new flood lights (1000w each) at three corners of house.....have them on wireless remote fobs.

Received call from friend....will meet him in February to get 6 half sheets of bullet proof composite panels.....about 1/4 retail.

Tested true life span on COMMs two-way hand helds.....through 3 charging cycles. With 1/4 hourly chatter for 1 minute.....5.5 days. was hoping for a week...but that will work.

Found out the AR Drone (RC camera, 4 prop aircraft) Works well within 200+/-ft of controller....and resolution is about a 6 out of 10.....would be a OK recon device....until shot...

Got 6 more 6v deep cycle batts and another smart charger.

Looking for another 3k pure-sine inverter.....if anyone has one to get rid of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Jeeper View Post
    Sunday: Managed to locate two NIB 10 round rotary mags for the 10/22.

Tuesday: Received my King Kooker single burner stove. (now the gf has no excuse to bust out that fancy pressure cooker I got her for xmas. Hope to be cooking up some fruit preserves this weekend!)

Wednesday: Bought a used, in good condition, Ruger MKII Target. It came with two mags & a soft case. I wont say what i paid for it, but gunbroker had several of em listed for twice (or more) than what i paid. After reading multiple reviews about owners putting 100's of thousands of rounds through theirs without failure, I'm super stoked. It's making a trip to my gunsmith today to be thoroughly checked out then its off to the range to kill some paper!

Thursday: Secured a 20lb propane tank to run the King Kooker.
    You will not be disappointed with the MKII...awesome ppistol.

When buying 20lb propane tanks.....goto scrapyard....a lot of the time they will give them to you.....then swap for a full new one.
    The Difference Between a Welfare State and a Totalitarian State is a Matter of Time.

For the Love of Cats

Just put in an order for another 10 mags for my Tokarev's. $15 ea!

(glad I didn't have to buy them from stormy! - lol)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i guess this is kinda prepper related.

got the OK, for a 5 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage house. can 'we' say room to prep? : ) there is plenty of room for a nice garden. mature fruit trees. backyard is 6ft. privacy fence. the neighborhood is good, country type setting and the house is on a cul de sac, means no real traffic. the best part....... no one can build behind me, and the woods are fairly close.

i take possession on the 14-Feb and moved in on 1-Mar.

looking forward to having the room to do things.
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Crotch Rocket

What have you done to prep this week?

That totally counts. Congrats!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!