Page 181 of 389 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    My mom found my grandfather's, Puma Hunter's Friend knife that we thought was lost when we moved my grandmother into a home back in 90-something. She's holding onto it for me, and since my grandfather was an OCD accountant, it's still in its original box with papers. Serial number says its from 3Q of 1969. She's holding onto it for me till I go get it. I've been short on really good knives, but never really found the extra cash for a good quality one, so this will fit my needs very well. I can't say I'll use it much, because I'd hate to lose it in the woods, but its gonna be nice to have.
    I have two of my grandfathers knives, one is his KaBar from back in WWII and Korea, and the other is his Barlow folding pocketknife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    Just discovered a resolution for a HUGE pressure canner that doesn't go atop a glass stove. It weighs 25 lbs empty. Buying an outdoor propane burner. Makes an awesome grill, heat source, smoker, and canner heat source.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Im almost afraid to go buy a pressure cooker right now with all the stupidity going around, hate to be labeled terrorist because Im wanting to can some meat!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Walking on Sunshine

DH got a new rider mower. He finally had to say good by to his fathers rider (over 25 yrs old). Our awesome repair guy just couldn't fix it anymore.
    Taz
    Awesome chicken trailer . Do ya think it might hold a whirling dervish of a grand son? Son2's son goes 20 outta 24 hours. Grandpa has been watching him couple days of the week for a couple of hours while DIL goes to Drs appts. I come home from work, poor hubby, he's just about done in keeping up with grand son. My Peanut just goes and goes and goes......

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Got a manual rotary mower and new weed whacker. Planted 3 varieties of heirloom tomatoes ( Mr Stripey. Beefsteak and Bradley) 2. And today I got the post set for the Ponies' new Paddock. And let me tell you, that beat me up using an old style T-post driver. Also organized my pdf library, got a worksharp knife and tool sharpener based on the recommendation of a member and got 1000 .38 wc from a friend for free. And my hyper tuned CB is on the way. Other than that, I've been slacking as usual, living the high life of an internet radio host with a fan base in the 10's.LOL
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Yesterday, I got three 5 gal buckets from Lowes, the food grade ones were the ONLY ones that were thick enough to take my liking, so I got those. I also got a lid lifter from them, then went to Harbor Freight and got a rubber mallet to seal the lids.

Once I got home, I started putting my canned goods (tin can that is), baking goods and such (er... food preps) in the buckets.

For the canned goods, I got a fair amount in one bucket, 3 tiers tall... total weight of that bucket was 36 lbs.

I need a lot more buckets but budget dictates how much I buy.

I store everything in buckets now, that way I have all my stuff in a Grab & Go setup... I can use them here or sling them on the BOT (Bug Out Trailer) and quickly be down the road if necessary.

Ill do a video one day... when I have more than 3 buckets! HA HA!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I bought potato spuds with 2 bales of straw for planting this weekend. Found my next buy a couple of 150 or 300 gallon breeding tanks for my basement Aquaponics system. After that I should be able to complete my backyard system ~1800 gallons. With all up and running by fall. I will have 1 main system with 2 backups of that system.

Aquaponics = no food seizure if it is not all available at the moment.

Does anyone grow mushrooms?

45" tomato plants with ~30 tomatoes with an additional ~60 blooms (this time of year and snow inc Wednesday)

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

EB, How did you determine they were food grade? I'd like to know a sure fire method of ID
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I have still yet to grow a brain
    I have spoken to Rubbermaid they have stated it was made expressly for a fish container. I have yet to have a chance to verify the foodsafe code on the bottom. And it does not state it in the description. So I will verify it first. I found the same product for 1/2 the cost posted in this link. I have also found some metal containers that would possibly work as well. But getting em into the basement since they are 8' long makes it a no go.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/RUB...ock-Tank-1MDB6

The 3 arrows in a circular point with the #2 marked HDPE is the safe symbol

Here is a document that says it completely
    http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/pdf/S...sticsGuide.pdf

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I would not sweat the food safe stuff to much. Just make sure it is cleaned well and let it sit in the sun for a bit.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    EB, How did you determine they were food grade? I'd like to know a sure fire method of ID
    It had a big sticker right on the bucket that said it was..
    These are the ones Im getting.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_356492-1152-...r|1&facetInfo=

I plan to also store rice, pasta, flour, sugar, dog food, etc..

HTH,
    EB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vodin View Post
    The 3 arrows in a circular point with the #2 marked HDPE is the safe symbol

"Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

We just had an above pool installed! This will not only help beat the Florida summer heat but, if on down the road we needed emergency water for washing, flushing toilets, etc there will be plenty.