Page 209 of 389 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

also picked up more water barrels an jugs for my gardens!

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    OK, lots has been happening here at the Stormfeather House, so lets see if I can remember it all!

• bought 3 cases of canned mustard greens @ wally world, .15 cents a can
    • bought 2 cases of turnip greens @ 15 cents a can
    • finished making another 10 pounds of beef jerky from meat thats been in the freezer for about 2 years
    • put the hardtop roof on the jeep for winter
    • sold the Harley Davidson, she was my baby, but my dream of land ownership is a bigger priority, I have 3 options as far as land goes, 2 here in wisconsin, 1 down south nearer my fellow ants.
    • Became a full fledged member of OathKeepers, looking at starting up a chapter here locally in my county.
    • Scouted out some new to me hunting grounds, Helped a elderly lady on the side of the road change a tire, she offered up her farm/wood property as hunting ground in thanks. I cut up and split a cord of wood for her since I saw she has a woodburning furnace to heat the house. Will make it a point of checking in on her once a week and ensuring that shes good to go with wood/groceries, ect. Shes extremely knowledgeable about canning and all the old school lifestyle. That and she loves to cook and bake! Ive been there 3 times so far and I think Ive gained 7 pounds! I spent a few hours picking her brain about canning, smoking meat, and other various off grid topics, and she is a fountain of information!
    • Helped a friend can 65 quarts of beets. . she gave me 10 quarts to take home, I think they will probably last me 17 years.
    • Partnered up with a Class III SOT gun friend of mine, I will be teaching his CCW & Defensive Pistol courses as the primary instructor in his school. A little extra cheddar and free ammo. . . We even may work out some barter instead of $$$, maybe going the toy route!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

wow, sounds like a busy day there Stormy! You Rock!

post up the beet recipe if you can... I'm looking for something different for my next batch!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

We decided to take a couple days off work, so we took a short trip up to the mountians in VA and NC. Getting a chance to relax a little is priceless.

Picked up a couple bottles of some herbal tea blends from a vendor Taz had recommended. I also got volumes 1 & 3 of the Foxfire series, both in very good condition.

Tomorrow and Wed, we are going by boat to locate, tag GPS, and maps several points for my purposed route home from work should the roads be shut down or vehicles not be available. Plenty of fishing thrown in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    wow, sounds like a busy day there Stormy! You Rock!

post up the beet recipe if you can... I'm looking for something different for my next batch!
    I will see if I can get in here in the next few days!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Spent the weekend getting supplies ready for evac to the Philippines for a humanitarian mission on the military side.
    Spent the Marine Corps Birthday cold & wet. . .seems like some shit never changes.
    Spent Veterans Day working on schoolwork and having a few beers with fellow soldiers.
    Prepping . . . well, not much went on in that dept!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

A laugh a minute
    After 3 months of looking for work, finally found a job as a In-Home Caregiver Provider. I have years of experience in this field so I should be able to climb up the new ladder at this company. Been at this job for 2 weeks, started part time and after 3 days, have a 6 day a week work load, all before my 90 days trail period. So I have been busy.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Decking the garage attic will be done by Friday (gonna get cold here tonite, and I don't like scraping windshields in the am, so parking inside is a must now). Putting non-essential storage from the garage into the attic to free up space for essential stuff on my garage shelving (kitchen electric stuff we don't use frequently camping/supplemental BO gear for quick access) organizing tools for better efficiency, sold my compressors on CL, buying a smaller one better suited for my uses, building an attic elevator with a 400lb electric hoist for our bikes to get them up out of the way making more floor space for me, and since they're cumbersome, and we have an 8-6" ceiling, I don't want any head injuries from them hanging up. Adding another high rod in the master closet to free more space in an underutilized coat closet that will be home to some LTS foods, and more of our cold weather stuff. My wife's wedding dress takes up half of this closet by itself, and its the best place for stuff we use all the time.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

You should look into vaaccum packing that wedding dress and calling it a day with it. HH-6 had hers taking up massive closet space, til I vac-bagged it. Now its long gone and disappeared! Out of sight, out of mind!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    You should look into vaaccum packing that wedding dress and calling it a day with it. HH-6 had hers taking up massive closet space, til I vac-bagged it. Now its long gone and disappeared! Out of sight, out of mind!
    Thought about that, but I think wife is saving it for her next wedding. Lol
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.