Page 213 of 389 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Just got a metric shit ton of vooks feom my grandmas house.

Everything feom American history to medical books (lots of home remedies) and a lot of gardening books)

got new gear for what ever happens molle vest also i have made an underground bunker in a large forest part im good with construction and tactics eny one want to join my preppers band is welcome to it we carry out certain survival tests such as hunting tactical maneuvers aka undetectable by enemies etc so its open for enyone get in touch

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Me, my wife, and my youngest son (oldest is in air force now) have started working out at the gym about 6 weeks ago. We are going 6 nights a week. I never was much on weight lifting so when we started I would struggle to bench press120 lbs, tonight I did 300 lbs for the first time. Time to move my goal up to 350 lbs. I am not a big guy I am almost 6 foot, but only weigh 180 lbs. Hoping to get into really good shape.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Crotch Rocket

Today I brushed up on my barter skills and traded up from a set of candles, to an electric cocktail shaker, to a precision knife set.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Administrator

What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Me, my wife, and my youngest son (oldest is in air force now) have started working out at the gym about 6 weeks ago. We are going 6 nights a week. I never was much on weight lifting so when we started I would struggle to bench press120 lbs, tonight I did 300 lbs for the first time. Time to move my goal up to 350 lbs. I am not a big guy I am almost 6 foot, but only weigh 180 lbs. Hoping to get into really good shape.
    Good job! That is an accomplishment. Make sure you work your way up the weight scale that you do it safely and with proper form. If you need any questions answered I would be happy to help.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    Good job! That is an accomplishment. Make sure you work your way up the weight scale that you do it safely and with proper form. If you need any questions answered I would be happy to help.
    Thanks. I am only using about 160 lbs to work out on my normal routine. This was the first time I tried to max out. I am taking it slow, at 40 I don't want to hurt myself.

Crotch Rocket

Thats a sound path to follow, and congrats. I'm not even lifting that heavy because I have no spotter and tendinitis in my shoulders. I've been thinking a trainer might be worth it to rehab and be safe. I enjoy lifting too, so this sucks.

300# is pretty damn good in my eyes.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post
    Thats a sound path to follow, and congrats. I'm not even lifting that heavy because I have no spotter and tendinitis in my shoulders. I've been thinking a trainer might be worth it to rehab and be safe. I enjoy lifting too, so this sucks.

300# is pretty damn good in my eyes.
    Thanks, I thought it was pretty good, especially for a 40 year old that has not lifted in over 20 years. My right elbow gives me some issues every once in a while (tennis elbow) ibuprofen seems to help it. I am being extremely careful with my back. Don't want any issues there.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Dumbell inclined presses are better for your shoulder, than flat bench bar presses, ask my full tear rotator cuff how I know...

Anywho, it wasnt today it was Sunday but we sighted in the daughter's AK and shoot AR500 steel, most fun Ive had in a LONG time!

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Dumbell inclined presses are better for your shoulder, than flat bench bar presses, ask my full tear rotator cuff how I know...

I do incline, flat and decline bench. It isn't really the position that can hurt your rotator cup as much as the form you use. Just like doing shoulder shrugs, never rotate your shoulders while you do them.