Page 217 of 389 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

That sounds awesome LB. Can't wait to hear some details.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

New fridge, stove, washer, dryer. I hate shopping.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

A laugh a minute
    Well today I made laundry detergent, goat milk eczema soap for dry flaky skin, body wash, and tooth paste. I am now tired. Here are the recipes and the links.
    I got everything from walmart and oils from hobby Lobby.
    I used Fels-Naptha it was .96cent a bar. I also added 1 cup of baking soda.
    http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-l...etergent-soap/

I used 1/2 bar of castile soap, ( if you use that, you don't need the glycerin), and 1/2 bar of Irish spring.
    http://katiejgibson.blogspot.com/201...-homemade.html

http://diyconfessions.com/2012/11/15...n-moisturizer/

http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-toothpaste/
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Tilled a large area of my upper yard terrace that I've been hand turning slowly, screw that crap, I rented a tiller and knocked everything out for this planting in 3 hours. Today we planted 10-15 sweet onions (vidallia), red onions, white grano onions, and cut the eyes off seed taters for white kennebec, yukon gold and red taters. Also planted a "pink lemonade" blueberry. Picked up tons of seeds for lots of other goodies too. I've got seed for the year now. I've gotta build some potato boxes this week and next, I'm not gonna be able to get the taters I've got ready to plant into the ground I've got left.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

This will cover more than just this past week. I spent today pruning my fruit trees and clearing out limbs and suck around the chicken pen. Hopefully get the grape vines pruned up tomorrow.
    Went to visit my sister and family last weekend. We always go around antiquing, found a set of blacksmith tongs and a large come-along cheap. Also found some metal that can be remade into something one day. Picked up a rope type come along also. We used to use these for stretching fencing.
    DW also got a load of apples in the dehydrator this afternoon. About 3 more runs left to go. Also gonna run about a half box of grapefruit's.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

This week: started building 8-2'x6' and 2-6'x6' 11" high raised cedar garden beds. Disassembled my 4x8 cedar bed and I'm going to cut it down into a rectangular box 2' high for a wisteria next to my pergola (gotta have some pretty stuff). I've got my 4x4 cypress trellises taken down, and I'm going to stain, and repurpose them with a cedar frame and use them for bean rows. That will give me 16' of peas. We've got a winter storm coming, so tomorrow AM I've got to cover my onion rows with burlap and hope for the best. Luckily, I only put 1/2 of the onion slips in the ground so far. Bought my grow light today, and got some bell lights for 60W bulbs to provide a little heat for my starter seeds which need to get going THIS week. I also found something neat... Maybe this will help some other members here. My county has a composting facility 3 miles from my house, AND they sell & deliver composted garden soil CHEAP. Local places are getting 150-250 for a yard of material delivered (each yard over 1 is cheaper, but not much). My county is $35 per yard delivered. I'm going Monday to get more info.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Been very busy planning, wheels are turning almost non stop now that weve settle in with a routine with the baby. It's really lit a fire under my ass to get things done, to ensure a long happy life for her no matter what happens.

Have a rather large water storage plan almost worked out, as well as new food storage plans, and some home security stuff.

About to test for my paramedic patch so that will be a large, welcomed raise to get things done.

A laugh a minute
    I planted my tomato seeds indoors and a few wild flowers that I gathered seeds from last year. Going to plant the pepper seeds that BP was gracious enough to send to me. Hope everything comes up. I have windows that the sun comes into and will put them all on the rack I have to make a inside greenhouse. Fingers crossed at my attempt to have a garden.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

We spent the past week (10days) trying to get over the flu. BAAAAD JU JU!

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Started some seeds. Got another AR upper, which means I need a lower, and a barrel and a second job, etc etc.