Page 228 of 389 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Picked up 2 apple and 2 pear trees today. All semi dwarf. I figured 4 will give me plenty if they produce.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Planted a gala apple tree, a figi apple tree, dorsett apple tree, and another one (can't remember the name). Planted two different types of plum trees, and got 2 more blue berry bushes. Also put shade cloth over my raised garden. Will put shade cloth over the aquaponics system tomorrow.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Built 3 more cedar 6x2 raised bed boxes for my upper garden. Tomorrow, we've got those getting filled up, and finishing my rear perimeter planters and planting those as well. My oldest grape vine has a little cluster of tiny green grapes on it, its not a lot, but we thought this one was toast and moved it to a less sunny location than last year. Strangely, the grape vine we planted in its place seems like it may actually be dead, but we'll see if we can wait it out. Onions are getting BIG, and my taters are starting to push up the ground around the stalks, so I guess they're getting bigger and displacing the soil. My maters seem like something has stunted their growth, they're getting thicker, but no taller than a foot. Only 2 of the 16 or so breeds are patio style, so I don't know what they're lacking as far as nutrients. Even my celebrity tomatoes aren't getting bigger, and most of the legit large scale hobby farmers I know are using them almost exclusively because they're prolific producers. I'm baffled at this point.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

Lemme see... Assuming I don't bomb my final exams I'll meet the pre-req's for the RN program this week. I'm just under a 100% grade in psychology and its "exam" is open book, covering material we just did. Medical dosage math is at 95%, and I'll be able to use my calculator and a conversion chart. I could kick my own ass about anatomy though: 80%. I have the final with me at least. He made it take-home so we can just relax and party on Tuesday. I know it doesn't sound bad, because it isn't, but I was capable of better so I'm not cutting myself much slack.

I found a copy locally of the US Army Special Forces Medical Handbook

My Crossbreed products came in yesterday. I like, but I need a better belt, so I'm thinking either the SOE low profile EDC belt or asking izzy if I can see again what his guy produces.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Planted eggplant, more maters, strung wire for beans, planted a few more peppers re sowed more radishes, my first crop is in for those. Planted more lettuce, spinach and kale as well. Also planted more okra, squash, and cucumbers.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Picked up a Mosinka, coudnt find ammo local so I just ordered some Bear non corrosive... Ill get a spam can of milsurp later, I just want to shoot it for now.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

I'll most likely shit myself

Planted 5 kinds of tomatos, 4 kinds of peppers, 6 kinds of winter squash, 2 cantaloupes, 5 kinds of watermelons, 2 kinds of beans, & sweet corn. Gonna plant okra cucumbers and summer squash tomorrow. We also have a bunch of herbs going. Probably gonna plant some baby carrots in a container.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    P250 caliber conversion kit for full size 9mm should be here Wed, this allows me to shoot both 40 and 9... Also ordered 500 rnds of reloaded brass in 9mm. Ill let you know how the bullets work out...

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Planted 29 more tomato plants bringing us to 49 total. The nursery had some good sized plants, and some of our plants don't seem to have set blooms. We moved the questionable ones to pots, and planted the new ones in their place. We also had some extra space that we were going to seed, but decided to plant here instead. I'll post a pic one day soon. Nursing a nasty farmer sunburn right now.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Wow, what are you going to do with that many tomatoes. I only got 3 plants and have a bunch of tomatoes.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson