Page 231 of 389 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by capcarl View Post
    The first rule of anything is OPSEC. So if you post (or boast) about "prepping" (or anything else anyway similar) you violate the First Rule! So don't!
    Um, you do know this is a prepper forum right? And as mentioned above, we all share information here, its how we learn and expand out capabilities. As for OpSec,we've got that covered here, we all pretty much know what opsec is, and we practice it accordingly.
    Welcome to the forum, and we look forward to your continued participation and input.

As for out house, we spent the week getting our oldest son ready for graduation, which he graduated Friday, we had the grad party Saturday night which was a pretty big blowout, Next week hes off to MEPS to start his enlistment process, cant wait. Hes going active Army, he just needs to decide what MOS hes going to go for.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

For the Love of Cats

Got most of my garden planted this weekend. few stragglers for this week.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Added 2 more blueberry bushes, they were on clearance, and were covered upon berries, so I decided to get them so we'll have more than enough for 1 bowl of cereal for each of us next year. This time I used a lot of peat in the holes for them, as I'm reading that they have soil issues (wish I'd known that last year).
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

My first post on this forum. I got a link from the Survival Preps thread at www.Calguns.net My wife and I are both born and raised in southern California, near Pasadena.

We have been doing what I call baby steps in prepping. It all started about 4 years ago when I decided we should have the "three days" of food and water if a major earthquake hit. As they say, one thing leads to another and I learned about preps, Bug out Bags, Get Home Bags, SHTF, TEOTWAKI, etc. Over the years we have just been adding a few items per week to our store. Other than water, we are at a place where we can survive now for about 3 to 4 months and can defend the home. On the waterfront (pun intended) we have enough drinking water in storage for about 30 days. We have a hot tub that can supply water for washing or flushing toilets if necessary, the chemicals in it eliminate it from potable use.

My preps this week was simply to empty all my water storage and refill and date my containers.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome Socalman.

Crotch Rocket

Welcome. Baby steps are usually where its at I think. Glad to see you here, and we'll be happy to bounce ideas back and forth with you as we go along
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Crotch Rocket

Well, I haven't done much in the beans, bullets, or bandaids department, but by Wednesday I'll have worked 11 of 12 days for a total of 51 hours overtime. This is on top of helping re-side our garage, planting trees, clearing land the undeveloped land along our property lines, and somehow finding time for a new woman. Lol. That poor girl has been losing sleep just trying to catch up with me.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Bought a glock 29 and an LCP. Loaded a lot of 10mm and tended to the garden. Learned to make mulberry jam.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Sold my 1911 and put a G17 on lay a way, seamed to be way more practical to me, plus Im settling on 9mm as my primary caliber for most handguns (like I did with X39 for rifles). Once the daughter gets some trigger time with it (with proper instruction from no other than range master super instructor (myself)), Ill get her one a little later.

Bookmarked some Fioc. ammo at Lucky Gunner.

Getting ready to start getting back into shape, my new jobs starts next Monday!

Getting ready to start building the second pantry, in 5 gal buckets.

Thats my current and short term goals in one post.
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Got the kid sent off to MEPS, hes there currently, will be there overnight as is usual for MEPS. Did 4 pounds of Beef Jerky. Talked more tonight with a local prepper who should be joining up here pretty quickly. He came over tonight and we talked preps, which is cool since it looks like he will be a great addition to our local group. (plus he owns his own military gear and gun store!!!) I see some empty wallets in the future!!!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.