Page 232 of 389 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

All the old medical bills got paid off, so we can finally start getting ahead again.
    New household Budget is ready to roll out.

PT regimen is about to begin for everyone here.

I've made the decision to go back to school/ Took a long time coming, but we feel that we are in a position now that I can do this.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A) Began my search for a food dehydrator.
    B) Picked up a book on home canning. All we have ever done is jellies & jams.
    C) Made a second planting of blue lake pole beans. The first has been up about 3 weeks.
    D) Added a few large bandages to the first aid kit.
    E) Rotated 5 gallons of stored gasoline into the car. Will replace that with fresh gas & preserver tomorrow.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    So my local prepper buddy whom I recently met came over yesterday and we went thru his GHB/BOB and did some fine tuning on his gear. Hes fully onboard and we did some serious brainstorming on bug out routes, and Bug Out Vehicles! Once we tuned that stuff, we got his Fiancee's BOB out and we started on that one! Good to know that Im not alone in this AO!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

I'll most likely shit myself

Spent quite a bit of time in the garden. Put up our brocholi. Harvested some onions and planted more onion slips sweet potatos and ruhbarb. Starting back into a more regular routine of pistol shooting. That has been neglected.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Harvested red potatoes, didn't get as many as I had hoped, this was a new bed in the ground, and the soil wasn't amended anywhere near as well as I should have. I did get about 10 pounds of lemon sized red taters. There were tons of tiny taters about the size of a quarter that aren't going to go to waste. We'll just drop them in the crock pot for a roast. I pulled up all of my white grano onions, and most of my red onions as well. Some of my 10-15 (vidalia) onions are ready, and several of them came up as today as well. We let our remaining radishes go to seed, we'll have the pods ready in the next few days to start drying for next season. I bought a tiller cultivator attachment for my weed eater, and I'm pretty happy with it. I tilled the open onion bed, and the red potato bed I weeded, and weeded, and weeded it, added lots of compost and manure along with organic fertilizer, and will be planting melons tomorrow after I get my cedar bed border installed in the morning before work. The next order of business is to till the remaining red onion bed, and get it ready for sweet potatoes.
    My beans, and peas are all up and doing well. My first few plums seem like they'll be ready in the next few days as well.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Rotated some stuff in the BOBs (replaced light sticks, millennium bars, water etc)
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Found out I have a mulberry tree in the yard. Learned how to can mulberry jam.

They really are a pain to collect. May have to learn to make wine.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Traded my underfolder AK, 6 mags and some x39 ammo to a buddy of mine for a brand new in the box S&W M&P AR15, decided that I wanted to slim down calibers even farther now, so as it stands, all of my main battle rifles are now 5.56/223. Not sure if this is a good idea, but it helps when having to order ammo!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Started working on our BOB. I really have every intention of going down in flames with my house, but it has the girlfriend excited and interested so im up for it.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Put a good mess of Bluegill and a fee Catfish in the freezer. Should be picking up chickens in the near future.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.