Page 233 of 389 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Harvested more onions, and planted melons. Found some huge nu-mex big Jim pepper plants, and a pequin pepper plant at the nursery for cheap, so I got those and threw them in the ground. I've got some bed space in a semi-shady spot where I think in gonna plant another round of Parris Island Cos lettuce. It's done really well, and no bugs seem to like it. Bugs have gotten at my kale in the same bed where the current crop is, but nothing has touched the cos lettuce. We've found a place to send our spare produce, the neighbor across the street has been taking the stuff I give him to the firehouse with him and sharing, so I think I'm gonna send a good amount of stuff with him next time.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

I spent the better part of this week amending soil for our new garden boxes and filling them.

I also placed an order with SOE on Friday. They were running a 20% off promo prior to Blade Show that included a free cock with any order over $50. I've been wanting to whip one out in public, so this was my chance! The sale prices on a low profile EDC belt and wallet were just bonuses.

I'm gonna need a "Rock out with your cock out" morale patch now
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Garden, garden, garden! I picked more brocholi, onions, a handful of my first blueberries. I also got a real nice beet, bout the size of a baseball. First one I've got and wasn't sure if they were close to ready or not. Guess they are. I planted some carrots and parsnips last fall and they are starting to go to seed. They are still not as filled out to what I think they should be. But length wise they are doing great. Parsnip was 14" long, carrot nearly 11". I think the problem may be I didnt keep them worked out good enough and didn't get them thinned out soon enough. I will be trying that again a little earlier this fall

Picked up s little target ammo for my pistoland a box of bird shot forvthe damn crows around here. Pulled my first corn planting. I replanted last week and am now on the hunt.
    Last edited by bacpacker; 06-10-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Picked up 1750 rounds of 22 lr this week. Walmart had 1000 round boxes of the winchester M-22 50 bucks and 325 round boxes of the federal match 18 bucks. They allow you to buy 3 boxes so I picked up one 1000 round and two 325 round boxes. They only had one of the 1000 round or I would have bought 3 of them. Then I found two 50 round boxes at academy for about 3 bucks a box.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

Gotta echo BP. Garden, Garden, Garden!
    Added two vane tubes and another 4 boxes.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Bit the bullet and bought an All American 21 qaurt pressure canner. Got it for $250 shipped. I seem to remember seening them for much more a few months back.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I've got a rabbit problem. I've lost 5 or 6 tomatoes, all low hanging. Eaten all the way to the top from the bottom up. I thought we had an armadillo, but I saw the little rodent scurry under my son's playhouse yesterday afternoon. I'm not able to fence the garden in, so I'm gonna have to shoot or trap this little monster and work n denying access in the future. Anybody have experience with rabbit scram?
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Water collection system installed. I now have 600 gallons of emergency water reserve
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Picked up 1750 rounds of 22 lr this week. Walmart had 1000 round boxes of the winchester M-22 50 bucks and 325 round boxes of the federal match 18 bucks. They allow you to buy 3 boxes so I picked up one 1000 round and two 325 round boxes. They only had one of the 1000 round or I would have bought 3 of them. Then I found two 50 round boxes at academy for about 3 bucks a box.
    You sir, suck. 22 is still unobtainium here
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I've got a rabbit problem. I've lost 5 or 6 tomatoes, all low hanging. Eaten all the way to the top from the bottom up. I thought we had an armadillo, but I saw the little rodent scurry under my son's playhouse yesterday afternoon. I'm not able to fence the garden in, so I'm gonna have to shoot or trap this little monster and work n denying access in the future. Anybody have experience with rabbit scram?
    Shoot, peel, eat.

repeat as necessary
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.