Page 234 of 389 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I've got a rabbit problem. I've lost 5 or 6 tomatoes, all low hanging. Eaten all the way to the top from the bottom up. I thought we had an armadillo, but I saw the little rodent scurry under my son's playhouse yesterday afternoon. I'm not able to fence the garden in, so I'm gonna have to shoot or trap this little monster and work n denying access in the future. Anybody have experience with rabbit scram?
    You dont have a rabbit problem, you have an alternate food source problem! Set a chicken wire fence up around your plot, and then set a channelizing chickenwire fence around it, this way the rabbit enters, and ends up mouse-mazing himself into a corner. From there, shoot the rabbit, clean it, freeze it, cook it, can it. . .enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    You sir, suck. 22 is still unobtainium here
    Let me check my AO here bro, I know I saw .22, maybe I can pick some up for ya & send it your way if its cheap enough!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

That's be awesome Stormy. Like I said, extremely hard to find here. I have not personally seen any since Sandy Hook. When it does pop up, I am told that the price is absolutely asinine.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    You dont have a rabbit problem, you have an alternate food source problem! Set a chicken wire fence up around your plot, and then set a channelizing chickenwire fence around it, this way the rabbit enters, and ends up mouse-mazing himself into a corner. From there, shoot the rabbit, clean it, freeze it, cook it, can it. . .enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

Let me check my AO here bro, I know I saw .22, maybe I can pick some up for ya & send it your way if its cheap enough!
    What's your opinion on claymores around the garden? Seriously considering it
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    You sir, suck. 22 is still unobtainium here
    This is the first I found in the last 2 years. It is starting to get a little better here. You can't find it every time, but if you look enough you will run across some.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

I'll most likely shit myself

Wife canned our first bunch of beets today. Only got about half of what was picked finished. Still have about that much more to go. We also picked our first blueberries of the season. And to top it off, we also got our first two apples since we planted the orchard 3 years ago.

Been researching drip irrigation systems trying to figure out what I need. Gonna start with the blueberries, fruit trees, and grape vines.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

My garden is doing good. Been getting lots of zucchini, squash, peppers, and onions. Here is our onion harvest, and a pic of the garden.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Very nice Helo.

Crotch Rocket

Added dirt to my potato and asparagus boxes today. I need to mix more soon.

I also just devoted the last two days entirely to my girlfriend and her daughter. It was a nice break, and an EDC win helped establish converts to the way. Her daughter got her first knife from me this week: A SwissCard Executive. She had seen my SwissCard Lite and wanted her own. Ground rules were laid and the deal brokered... My gf told me she feels safe and secure knowing I think and act as I do. This is a breath of fresh air compared to the last few women I've dated.

I reorganized my prep storage. Well, 90% of it anyway. I'm apparently just a big kid because I still get distracted by and play with my toys when I should be cleaning. On a related note, I have no ND's to report.

Tonight is being devoted to re-working my budget and getting that workout schedule I mentioned in the physical fitness thread together. Tomorrow night will be a Paleo meal plan so I can get through July without falling off the wagon. I hope it is everything I am expecting.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

More time in the garden. I've dug up 8 hills of taters and got 4 gallons out of them. Taste good to. Picked over a gallon of blueberries and a pint of blackberries. We harvested all our red onions and the rest of our yellow onions from slips. We still have 2 rows of yellow onions from sets to go. Cabbage is ready to pick. Sqaush and melons are blooming. We are just starting to get a few peppers and tomatoes, and will get our first cukes this week coming up. Also will get our first and only peach to.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Finally seeing some results from my gardening efforts, Ive got some strawberries poking their heads out, a couple of tomatos on the vine, cucumbers are finally sprouting flowers, so hopefully soon there. Potatoes growing big, not sure when to harvest them, as I have never done potatoes before. Japanese beetles got to my lettuce while I was gone, but only to a couple of plants, other than that, just happy to be back home with the family.
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.