Page 244 of 389 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by moonwillow View Post
    mcdonalds is a no no for me. So is most fast food places. I'm talking about good old home made fried pies. Done in an iron skillet. Don't tell me you have never had one. You don't know what your missing.
    recipe?

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    i started feeding my bees a 2:1 sugar mix too help the get ready for winter. the new colony went through a qt. in a matter of 2 days the other colony is milking theirs. ( preps in the sense that i an looking to the future health of the bees)
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Getting the tater patch ready for next year. We had a real problem with weeds this year because we reclaimed the spot they were in from a grassy area, so I'm putting down black plastic to choke out the weeds over the winter, then I'm gonna till it and amend the soil in spring and putting down new plastic with a soaker hose underneath to water when the taters go in. I've gotta figure out what kind of border I'm gonna do on this bed to prevent future weeds. I've decided to do a dedicated onion bed for spring that will be swapped out to melons after the onions are pulled up. We've done well with cantaloupes and watermelon in the existing onion bed, but they've run out across the yard, and mowing is an issue. I had a rat issue that I've gotten control of, but being semi rural in a subdivision across from a corn field, its a constant issue. I MUST be able to mow weekly to keep the rat habitat controlled. We have a yard cat, but he'd probably try to make friends with a rat, and my neighbors can see my garden from their front door, and I feel responsible to keep an attractive garden, so I need to control weeds.

Almost forgot, I'm building the forms to start making hypertufa concrete planters. Large pots don't seem to support plant life long enough without exhausting the soil, so I've decided to make large planters and stain the concrete so they'll be aesthetically pleasing and durable as well. It looks like a can build a 24x24x24 planter for about $8 each. They're a little larger than most hypertufa pots I've seen, so I'm gonna use chicken wire reinforcement to make sure they'll hold up over time. If I wasn't using wire, they'd be $5 each.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Crotch Rocket

Like many others, we're wrapping up the yard projects here. I finished raking out the last of the undergrowth from the property I cleared, I'm mixing soil to top off my garden boxes that need it, amending the finished boxes with compost, and covering them with black plastic for weed control.

I finally shot the AR I bought last year and equipped as I wanted over the winter. That was too long in coming. Sorry BWRR, no target pics. There's a story behind why, but it isn't for public consumption, and is only partially linked to my accuracy and capabilities.

My 30' x 660' property clearing adventure finally ended with the last of the undergrowth getting raked up and burned yesterday. It gave me firewood, chainsaw experience/ skills, and an area to plant a wind break for more efficient home energy usage.

I bought another 8 round mag for my Shield, and I was given a 4-12 power scope and decided to mount that on my muzzle loader. Zeroing that for deer season will occur soon.

Oh, and I finally re-certified for basic first aid and CPR.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Finishing up some work on the yard, now that its cooled off.

Getting ready to sell a home built trailer that is not going to develop into what I wanted it to be... In favor of getting a 6'X8' cargo trailer after tax time to make a BOT (Bug Out Trailer) and also a camping trailer... I want to do an spring over swap and add shackles to give it about a 4" or more lift for "off roading", and build it so its a dual purpose trailer. (More on that later, will be detailed with LOTS of video, of course)

I got my dipole up, changed out some coax and got back on the air.... Working FB right now!

Thats all for now..
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

For the Love of Cats

^
    looking forward to the trailer build!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    looking forward to the trailer build!
    Its been a dream of mine for several years, hope to make it a reality next year!
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Survival View Post
    recipe?
    I'm not real good with recipes. One good thing about home cooking is you can cook what you like the way you like it. You can use any fruit you like. Cook it down a bit. If it is juicy stir in a little corn starch or what you like for thickening. then add sugar, honey or spices you like to suit the fruit. While it is cooling You make your dough. (For example biscuit dough) I don't use a biscuit cutter, I just pinch off each one by hand and smooth out. Roll each piece into a circle, put some fruit in center, fold in half. Seal edge with a fork. Put in skillet. Brown on both sides. Skillet and oil need to be hot enough the pies don't set there and soak up all the oil. Sometimes I use coconut oil or olive oil or just plain old lard. Sometimes I make deer meet pies and use bacon grease.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by moonwillow View Post
    I'm not real good with recipes. One good thing about home cooking is you can cook what you like the way you like it. You can use any fruit you like. Cook it down a bit. If it is juicy stir in a little corn starch or what you like for thickening. then add sugar, honey or spices you like to suit the fruit. While it is cooling You make your dough. (For example biscuit dough) I don't use a biscuit cutter, I just pinch off each one by hand and smooth out. Roll each piece into a circle, put some fruit in center, fold in half. Seal edge with a fork. Put in skillet. Brown on both sides. Skillet and oil need to be hot enough the pies don't set there and soak up all the oil. Sometimes I use coconut oil or olive oil or just plain old lard. Sometimes I make deer meet pies and use bacon grease.
    Can pre-canned fruit be used like Comstock? If using it, does it still need to be cooked down or just put in the dough? I've never made fruit pies but have lots of Comstock and it would be a good use for it as it gets close to expiration date.
    I apologize for nothing...

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Since Ebola is in the DFW area now, I'm gonna stock up on masks before they disappear.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.