Page 245 of 389 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3889

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

I'll most likely shit myself

Latex gloves are on my list to.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Latex gloves are on my list to.
    Just bought Nitril gloves today. My sister is highly allergic to latex so no telling how many others we come across could have the same allergy and won't be able to use them without causing a major reaction. Want to be on the safe side.
    I apologize for nothing...

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Praying for the lottery... Not any lottery, but the mega lottery. A lot of problems can be solved with money.

They say money cant buy happiness, but Ill have none of that lie!

Since I now have a really good camcorder, I am hoping to put some instructional DVDs together and maybe sell on Ebay, the price point should be good enough to attract buyers of most economic classes. It would be nice to have a "business" like that, bringing in extra cash this way.. Beans and bullets dont come cheap!

I am honing my ham skills again, spending more time with my TenTec on HF and looking at ways to better prepare us for whatever might come.

Reading the story "One Second After" and after a tear jerking chapter, I just had to put it down for a mental rest. There is but so much emotional roller coaster a person can ride before needing a rest! If you have not read the story (PM me) then I suggest you do... This is my second reading and its as powerful now as the first.

Thats all for now,
    EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Where's the epi?

I know what chapter you are talking about! Only one really made me cry. Love love love that book.
    I apologize for nothing...

plenty of extra room "down his pants"
    Well HK, I already cried though the dog chapter, now Im on the post battle triage chapter... I hate crying. Maybe my friend Evan has had an influence on me but it does touch deep to the human core.

Id also like so say, if you were not pissed off about a dozen times though the book, your not a true American! If you dont cry at least twice, your not human!

My Kindle says about 70 percent completion so Ill be done with it soon.

Next up, Lights Out for a third read. Yeah guys, these stories are THAT GOOD!

Ive read all three of the James Rawles books, and they are great reads... but dont hold a candle to Lights Out and One Second After!!

The JDY, TOM and other recognized authors do pen a good story but they are usually pretty short, and the main subject has always fallen into a windfall that yields them extensive preps... Kind of unreal, where as One Second After strikes the heart of the typical American... Working one day, struggling to survive the next... with what they have and some courage.

EB
    "Takes .357 to the field... every time..."
    "AR - America's Rifle"
    "Bushido, an honourable way of life"

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I actually took the kids on their first camping trip last weekend. Had a great time, and learned some very important lessons.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

^
    next time to take one of these?

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

RIP, brother. We are diminshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I actually took the kids on their first camping trip last weekend. Had a great time, and learned some very important lessons.
    good deal. everybody had fun, i take it? now, on to the lessons. like, we need to bring_____, or we need a better bug spray or daddy's had enough of camping?
    "Ya need a hug, or a twinkee? Wait..forget the twinkie". - Dropy

"I'll be in my bunk" Jayne Cobb

'Catch, sauté, and release...' Sniper-T

'Always smile... it makes people wonder what the fuck you are thinking!' Sniper-T

Body Armor is not bullet proof, it is only bullet resistant.* Learn to become strictly a head hunter.*

'All I really needed was a hug'............ Domeguy

Premium Member
    Hi all,

I know I have been silent for awhile, but I have been checking in and trying to keep up and continuing the preps. Life has been crazy busy the past year, plus I spend so much time on the computer all day, that I needed a break for awhile and been trying to fish more.

About this time last year, we bought a house down the street for my 84 year old Mom, and then took 6 months off to completely remodel it for her and I'm talking about completely. This was a big relief to get her moved from GA and close so we can look after her, especially in these crazy times we live in. Now we have much of the family close but one son.

I took off a couple of days this week and completely rebuilt and repacked our GHBs for each vehicle, plus started to re-inventory long term foods. Also ordered more N95 masks, gloves, and other essentials and got them today. Glad I did because I just read that N95 mask orders were up 1800% on Amazon in the last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Well HK, I already cried though the dog chapter, now Im on the post battle triage chapter... I hate crying. Maybe my friend Evan has had an influence on me but it does touch deep to the human core.

Id also like so say, if you were not pissed off about a dozen times though the book, your not a true American! If you dont cry at least twice, your not human!

My Kindle says about 70 percent completion so Ill be done with it soon.

Next up, Lights Out for a third read. Yeah guys, these stories are THAT GOOD!

Ive read all three of the James Rawles books, and they are great reads... but dont hold a candle to Lights Out and One Second After!!

The JDY, TOM and other recognized authors do pen a good story but they are usually pretty short, and the main subject has always fallen into a windfall that yields them extensive preps... Kind of unreal, where as One Second After strikes the heart of the typical American... Working one day, struggling to survive the next... with what they have and some courage.

EB
    AGREED! One Second After is one of my favorites and the first book ever to make me cry! And yes, got pissed off too!! Also loved Lights Out as well.
    Don't wrestle with pigs; you'll get all muddy and the pigs will love it!

For the Love of Cats

Welcome back Willie... been wondering what you've been up to. Busy in a good way... sounds awesome. Let's hear more about the fishing down there!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.